“Fresh Seafood, Great Views!”

Blu Crabhouse & Raw Bar
Ranked #11 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Closed for the Season, see you in 2018!! BLU Crabhouse and Raw Bar opened its doors in 2012. Beautiful sunset views on the bay. BLU has offerings for everyone. There are Ocean City favorites on the menu-the dishes you look forward to enjoying every time you come to the beach. Awesome steamed MD blue crabs, shrimp and clams, and crab cakes as well as some new twists on the traditions using innovative ingredients and seasonings. The Raw Bar has a rotating oyster selection with everything from Chincoteague's to Blue Points! Unique specialty drinks and a draft beer featuring local microbrews and a rotating selection of craft beer specials! You can dine and enjoy refreshing drinks outside on the deck or on the beach at BLU Crabhouse and Raw Bar. It's the "complete package" for a casual, fun, delicious dining experience! Closed for the Season, see you in 2018!!
Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

My son and I had dinner at Blu and it didn't disappoint. It is conveniently located within a couple of blocks of the boardwalk.

We sat outside and enjoyed views of the bay where many boats dock and were treated to a beautiful sunset.

The service was good, the food was delicious and reasonably priced, for the most part. We started with their Boom Boom shrimp which was delicious but the portion size was a bit disappointing for the price. I had a fresh and well seasoned broiled cab cake that was almost all crab, very little filler. The house salad dressing was not your usual - it was a nicely done basil vinaigrette with just a hint of sweetness. My son enjoyed a pound of crab legs that were meaty and flavorful.

Overall, we enjoyed the dinner and the casual atmosphere that made us feel comfortable and really helped set the tone for a relaxing evening at the beach.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

The food was very good, my wife commented that these were the best crab cakes she had ever eaten. My caesar salad with lump crab was also very satisfying. The beer was cold and the drinks were strong enough. The restaurant does not look really nice, as the front entrance faces a parking lot, but once through the doors there is a beautiful view of the small harbor. If you get there during happy hour, some of the apps are1/2 price

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went in for dinner and had Morgan as a server. As soon as we sat down we felt so welcomed. She recommended dishes, she thought we'd like and we were not disappointed!! Especially the Lobster Tuna Tower! The atmosphere and sitting on the water was so romantic and Morgan made the experience a date night to remember. I highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 21 July 2016 via mobile

Our server was great, he didn't rush us. My salmon was watery and bland, large portion. The sides were good. The oysters were small. This place is probably better for picking and hammering crabs.

1  Thank slslo5
Frank R, Director of Operations at Blu Crabhouse & Raw Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. I have taken your comments to our chef and we both agree that the salmon could use a bit more seasoning. I do want you to know that the change to our Salmon went into effect as of July 22nd. We brought in a much higher quality fresh salmon this year and we didn't want to over power it /take away from the fish itself...but in this case we took that mind-set to a bit of an extreme.

From the looks of the picture you posted, it looks like you ordered the blue point oysters. These oysters are brought in fresh everyday and sometimes they are huge, sometimes they are small. Unfortunately we haven't found a way around that at this point. If a larger oyster is your preference, and you are so kind to visit us again, I encourage you to try the Delmarva Oysters. Nine times out of ten they run pretty large.

Again I thank you for making us aware of our shortcomings. Although we don't like to make mistakes...you can bet on the fact that we will learn from them and be better because of them.

Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

This was our third trip to Blu and probably our best. We sat on the upper patio and had a great view of the Bay. Our waitress was very nice and service was good. We ordered a steampot and shrimp. The prices were very reasonable and the food was delicious. This has definitely become an annual spot for crabs!