“Great Place To Stay”

Ranked #20 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
COLUMBIA, PA
“Great Place To Stay”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

If your looking for a great place to stay and is well kept and affordable this is the place. Wife and I have been staying here for years you wont find a better value and well maintain property. The office staff are amazing especially Anita she goes above her duties to make sure your stay is enjoyable. So next time your looking for a place give them a try in my opinion you cant go wrong. Cant wait to see the Spinnaker gang in 28 days for Sunfest

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mrcook322
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Im writing this review as im stitting on the balcony at the Spinnaker hotel to let all who read this that this hotel is the place for you if cleanliness and refreshingly friendly service is what you're looking for. The room was immaculate and alot larger than your average sized hotel rooms. Everyone from the women working at the front desk to the maids were pleasant and more than eager to be of assistance to us. Im not one to write reviews but feel this hotel is deserving of a positive one.

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank Jayman1
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My family of four (includes two adult daughters) stayed at the Spinnaker Motel during mid-August 2012. Our vacation there was excellent in every way. Great service from Manager Heather Ward in getting us a reservation on short notice for the only week that we couId go to OC. Heather offered us a nice room at a discount price when other OC hotels in the area were all full with "No Vacancy." Boadwalk and beach is very close. No need to drive anywhere. The bedroom and bath are very clean; includes fridge and microwave, closet safe big enough for my IPAD and laptop! Nice flat screen TV with HD and rooms have WIFI too. Balcony view of both ocean and bay from room 519. Restaurant on-site was perfect for lunch or breakfast. Very friendly staff. We would highly recommend it andwill go back there next year.

Room Tip: Upper floors offer both Bay and Ocean views.
2 Thank Ken_21701
Virginia
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I want to start by stating we have been coming to Ocean City for 30 plus years but always stay in a condo rental. We decided to take our granddaughters on a mini vacation for three days and selected this motel based on the reviews. I did see two negative reviews but didn’t give them much merit because the majority was very positive. We stayed on the 5th floor and had a wonderful view of both the ocean and the bay. The balcony is very large and can hold quite a few people comfortably. If someone were smoking on the adjacent balconies I don’t think you would be able to smell it because there are dividers on both sides. We asked for a non-smoking room but none were available however we did not smell any kind of odors and they had even offered to put in a smoke removal machine prior to our arrival but we declined since we knew it had a balcony and we could get fresh air if needed.

The room was spacious (I included a few pictures) and well decorated. It was VERY clean so I really don’t understand the two reviews that went on about how dirty this place was. There was no smell of mildew, mold or any other offending odors. The AC cooled the room very well. The beds were very comfortable; the sheets were incredible soft and four very fluffy pillows per bed. There was a divider you could pull (picture included) so if anyone were sleeping in the sofa area there was privacy for both areas. There was a nice table and chairs, a flat screen TV with plenty of cable channels. The wifi speed was average for any hotel/motel.

The small kitchen was very clean as well as plenty of adequate dishes and pots. The bathroom was a little on the small side but clean with great water pressure and plenty of hot water.

The pool area was very nice with a large deck and numerous tables and chairs. The boardwalk and beach was a short block away and we took the train to the pier one night which was fun. The beach area was nice and not too crowded.

A couple negative items: I have to say is the parking was a pain if you had to park after 8:00 PM there was nothing available. We did go ask the front desk and she was kind enough to come outside and find us a makeshift parking space behind the café but we were a bit nervous leaving our Infiniti there because we were afraid someone would back into it the way it was positioned.

The 2nd negative would be the elevator door closed a bit quick and hard for my liking. I made sure my granddaughters were in first because I was afraid it could close on them.

The 3rd would be the café. We had breakfast there the first morning and the service was extremely slow and there were not even that many customers there at the time. The food was just ok; but there are much better breakfast places in OC so I would not eat there again.

I can’t comment on housekeeping because I don’t let them in my rooms at any hotel however I did see them scrubbing the floors in the rooms (so they do clean) and they were very pleasant and always made a point of greeting you.

If I ever need a motel again I would definitely stay here for the money. It’s much more affordable than other comparable motels in the area and very nice.

1 Thank LBiship
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My family and I (3 adults and 2 children under 10) just returned from a 6 night stay at this property. We had an efficiency with an ocean view balcony. We arrived Sunday afternoon before the check in time and were given the keys to the room. The staff was very friendly in their greeting. The front desk staff was the best. They answered all of my questions and made suggestions for activities and meals for us. All of the locations they suggested were superb. Unfortunately I did not write down the names of the staff members. As for the room, it was clean. And we had room to move around, even when the pull out couch was opened. The table and chairs were handy when we had our meals in the room. We never had a problem when we requested extra pillows, blankets and towels from housekeeping. The efficiency location was perfect for viewing the ocean and people watching. We enjoyed the view and had room for all 5 of us on the balcony. The pool was always busy as many guests enjoyed this location after a day at the beach. The adajacent area to the pool was good for sunbathing, having lunch or meeting with friends and family. It was a large area with umbrellas and tables for the guests to enjoy. The maintenance crew was very visible during our stay keeping the property spruced up and clean. Each morning, the staff cleaned the pool area. We did have one meal at the onsite cafe. It was ok. Overall, I was very pleased with the experience. The location was good, the noise level was very low, the beach was very close and steps off the property, parking was onsite and was not an issue finding a space each day, bike rental was close by, buffets were within walking distance, sit down meals were within walking distance. We will visit this property again.

Room Tip: Corner Efficiency rooms give you a view of the ocean.
2 Thank divalicious1