1,408 results
All reviews mary susan front desk parking garage room was clean the ground floor indoor pool off season king bed no elevator location was perfect first floor long weekend plenty of parking family vacation hojo boardwalk balcony
Reviewed 13 June 2018

Stayed at this location for the first time in early June 2018. We were in an oceanfront room on the 7th floor with balcony with a great view of the boardwalk & the beach. Balconies have partitions between them about 4 1/2 feet tall for privacy while sitting & enjoying the atmosphere. The room was small & the bathroom smaller, but it's a well-kept property & the staff is friendly and accommodating. The beach is steps away. They have a parking garage right behind the hotel for convenient parking.

We really enjoyed the restaurant next to the lobby of the hotel called Brothers Bistro. Really good breakfast & dinner selections and a nice-sized bar.

We will definitely stay at this location the next time we visit Ocean City, and I would recommend it to anyone who asks about it.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Ashley F, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel by Wyndham Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

It is always a pleasue to win new business in a time where there is so many other options in Ocean City. We thank you for your kind review and comments. I will share these encouraging words with my staff. We genuinely enjoy interacting with our guests and making this hotel a home away from home! I would love to know what would've helped us earn that that last star for a 5 star rating. We are so happy to have you as a part of the HoJo Plaza family of guests!! See you next time!!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

LuLu and the other woman (I didn’t catch her name) at the front desk on 6/4 were AMAZING! I asked if I could upgrade to Ocean Front and not only was it available but the ladies made it extremely affordable and it made my vacation ten times better than I thought it would be!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Ashley F, General Manager at Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel by Wyndham Ocean City Oceanfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

We are glad that we made you HoJo Happy! It is always our aim to exceed expectations! I will share your comments with our staff, especially Lulu! We hope to see you the next time you are in Ocean City! Don't be a stranger! :) Have a safe and enjoyable summer!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is right on the beach however food selection is lacking the pizza place isn't the greatest. But on a rainy day it works. There's amazing donut shop close by. The pool is small and even though hey said the pool floor was redone. The tiles were peeling by the hot tub and it was moldy. The rooms are huge and spacious and the bed is California king which is nice. I love to see the ocean when at the beach. They also have free tea and coffe in lobby all day.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo

Thank you for your feedback and review. We appreciate your assistance in helping us keep a high standard. Our pool floor was replaced last year and has had much wear and tear since. Our pool company is in the process of replacing and repairing several tiles, including the ones you mentioned. We want to make sure that every part of your stay in enjoyable. Thank you for allowing us to be your host while in Ocean City, and we hope that you will return the next time you are in Ocean City!

Best Regards!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

I was torn between an average rating and very good. I settled on very good, though the hotel is rather dated with smallish rooms, and a noisy pool area with loud exhaust fans and a new stick on tile floor that is all ready popping up in some places, the place has it's charms.
Front desk staff are extremely efficient and polite, as were all employees. Coffee and tea are available in the lobby, always a plus. It's right on the Boardwalk, another plus. There is a bar restaurant off the lobby with a rather limited menu, but I was there mid- April, before high season. Most rooms have a outside balcony, but it was way too cold to sit outside, as the North east was experiencing spriwinter, or half spring and half winter.
Howard Johnson's has a loyal clientele, I think because they treat all , employee and guest, as family. Not a bad policy to follow in todays world. It's a nice place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Hello,
Thank you for your "very good" review. It is wonderful when guests like you give us great feedback. We love to know what we can do to improve on our performance and rooms. We definitely want to welcome all of our guests as family, so they can feel at home. We pride our self in top notch customer service! I have noted all of your feedback as areas of improvement and I will share them with the staff!

Thank you again and Welcome to the HoJo Plaza Family!

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Stayed for 3 nights in May. First time in Ocean City and first time in a Howard Johnsons!! We were very happy with the hotel, amazing staff and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Parking garage was a big plus, but keep in mind it doesn't have an elevator so if you end up parking on the top level you have to walk down a bunch of stairs.

Room Tip: We had partial ocean view rooms which are on the side of the building. The room had a decent view and a small balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Greetings Anita!
Thank you for your feedback and review. It is always a pleasure to serve our first time guests. Our aim is to make them lasting ones. Your feedback is essential to helping us continue to thrive. We hope you won't be a stranger the next time you are in Ocean City. Thank you again!