“Find another place to stay...” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel - Ocean City Oceanfront

Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel - Ocean City Oceanfront
Ranked #12 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Concord, New Hampshire
“Find another place to stay...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

This was our forth year of staying at HoJo on our way to NC from NH. Why we keep going back & not trying the other hotels around the same area is beyond me.

It's a great location, right on the boardwalk not far to walk to the activities but far enough away to not hear the activities when trying to rest. The staff are always pleasant, friendly & helpful.

Now for the problem areas, where to begin. We always get a king room, one year ago the ceiling was leaking & smelled badly. They moved us the next day to another room. The beds are horrible, I think sleeping on a rock would be more comfortable. The pillows are just smaller rocks. The wifi doesn't work if you are at any distance from the ocean side of the hotel, connects & disconnects so much, I just got fed up & decided to wait till the next hotel to look at my email & such.

We felt that they cater to the Spring golfers, they get the better facing rooms, the better beds & the staffs attention when needed.

I think next year, I will heed my own advice & find another place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank GypsyOBRN
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

I think next year, I will heed my own advice & find another place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank GypsyOBRN
New Market, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

The staff makes you feel like you are the only guest. It seemed like they did not know the word "NO". A few of the staff Janice, Brian, Mary Susan and Selma are just a few that made my stay terrific!! Thank you and I can't wait to come back!! You are my hotel of choice from here out!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank millie g
Sioux City, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I decided to treat myself to time away and rented a room here.The room i rented online was not the room that came accross on my reservation but they changed it without hesitation. the staff was wonderful and friendly. the pool was warm enough to swim in. view of the ocean was amazing and it was really nice to be right on the boardwalk. It was really nice to have a safe place to park my car while i was there as well. only complaints were the amount of food for the price and the elevator was slow.

Room Tip: rooms are small but very efficient
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank travels4you
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

My fiance has to travel for work to OC for 5 days. He called the hotel directly over a month ago and wanted to get the rate for 7 nights...I decide to fly in during the week and we would stay the weekend. We were told they could give us the same rate for the whole week. Well we called last night to check the reservation as we had not received an email confirmation yet (but the credit card WAS billed already for one night!) and we were told the reservation was only for 4 nights. Really? We would not make a reservation for 4 nights and plan on being there for 7. After them giving us the run around for over 30 minutes on the phone and very RUDE and unhelpful people at the hotel we called the 800 # back and cancelled the whole reservation and booked a different hotel. There are a lot of choices for hotels these days and bad customer service is not acceptable in my book. Can't wait to spend time on the boardwalk!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business