“great value, great location”
Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“great value, great location”
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed here while attending an event at the convention center. The Grand Hotel is located nicely and my room (1105) had a wonderful southern view of the boardwalk and beach. The large room with two queen beds was comfortable and quiet. The refrigerator was convenient, and the hotel staff are very responsive. I booked anextra room for my hospitality suite one night and the staff cleared out the beds and replaced the beds with rounds and chairs for my guests. Even the California Cheesteak in the pizzaria on the gound floor was of special quality. I will certainly return!

Room Tip: the 12th floor rooms all have jacuzzis; ice machines on even floors
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John C
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
We love to accommodate our guests needs and I'm thrilled to hear that you were pleased with your stay!

Thank you for all of your kind words regarding everything from the view in your room to our staff. We truly appreciate your feedback and cannot wait to see you again in the near future.

Assistant General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My first impression was that it was a very nice place. Faye at the front desk was very nice. The hotel grounds & building looked ok. As I was looking for the TV remote our 2nd day there, I pulled the bedspread completely off & found a stain on it that almost made me ill. Housekeeping took care of the problem but beware. Also, don't eat at the in house pizza place, I won't even comment on that.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sunburywolfe
Baltimore
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Stayed here for a meeting and the rooms were very large. We had a refrigerator and microwave with cupboards I could imagine would serve someone well who was staying for an extended visit. The staff were friendly and the boardwalk was right there at the back entrance. Very quiet. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sca6
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
We have some of the largest rooms you will find in Ocean City, MD and I'm glad you enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

It's always great to hear that we have gained another future returning guest. I hope to see you soon and thank you for all of your feedback.

Fairfield, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I love this Hotel its been a few years since i have stayed here But my last experince was so nice i still remember it! they had a wonderful breakfast! and the hotel was very neat and clean! the balcony veiw was wonderful on the ocean and beach! and its also right off the boardwalk(: the pool is keeped very tidy and was great swimming i love the Grand Hotel! Wonderful and would recommend to anyone!((:

Room Tip: Clean rooms! Great Breakfast/ spa nice swimming pools Locations great for beach and shops/boardw...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Desi K
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Thank you for being such a wonderful guest and we love that you love staying here with us! I hope you continue to allow us the privilege of providing you with your hotel accommodation needs for all of your future visits to Ocean City, MD.

We appreciate all of your kind words and hope that you don't wait so many years this time to come back and see us!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I chose the Grand Hotel for my May 19th wedding and haven't a single regret or complaint! The ceremony was on the beach at 21st Street right in front of the hotel and the cocktail hour and reception followed in the Grand Terrace Restaurant. It was the perfect atmosphere with the sun setting beautifully in the background, the food was out of this world, and everything went off without a hitch. The block of rooms we reserved for our 60 guests were spacious and clean and everyone was comfortable. I have received so many compliments on our venue, on the food, on the waitstaff, etc. I've even gotten a few "best wedding I've ever been to!" comments! Robin and Anna were an absolute pleasure to work with and made it so simple to put this whole thing together from 3 hours away (we live in Philadelphia). We visited quite a few hotels last summer before deciding on the Grand and it turned out to be the right one! I would absolutely recommend the Grand Hotel for vacations and banquets and plan on staying again soon!

Room Tip: The rooms towards the middle of the hotel offer the best view of the ocean of course, but even the o...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janet51912
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
We feel honored that you chose us to be part of such a special day for you and your now husband! We love to be able to create lasting memories for such an important occasion and are happy that some of your guests informed you that it was the best wedding they've ever been to.

Thank you so much for all of your great feedback. I will definitely ensure that I make Robin and Anna aware that they have made another bride's dreams come true. We hope that we do see you again sometime soon.

I speak for everyone in the Grand Hotel and Spa family when I say that we wish you and your husband a life full of love, affection and happiness for today, tomorrow and forever.