“Memorial Day Weekend”
Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #15 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My husband and I stayed the Memorial Day Weekend and it was very pleasant. We had a wonderful view of the ocean. The room was clean and our maid service was very good. It was nice being right there on the boardwalk, didn't need your car to get anywhere. The room was very large and the bed was comfortable. The staff was very helpful and I would recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Carol B
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

I'm ecstatic that we could make your Memorial Day weekend a great one and that you and your husband really enjoyed yourselves.

Thank you for all of your kind words regarding everything from your room to our staff. We can't wait to have you back again!

Assistant General Manager

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

I thought that the hotel was great an all the staff was excellent! We had to go through a little trouble to get papers sign an stuff because we were under 21 but I appreciated them letting us stay there and not judging us because of our age. The location was far from the main shops and eating places on the boardwalk which was kind of a pain when we wanted to eat out and go shopping, but it's right on the beach which makes it nice because you can walk right from the hotel and the beach is right there. Overall the grand hotel was great and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Drummer7069
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We only live one hour away but enjoy short getaways for a change of scenery. The Grand Hotel is our hotel of choice. Because of the shape of the hotel, every room offers ocean view. The rooms are large and have a balcony. The beds and pillows are very comfortable. Each room has a refrigerator and coffee maker. The hotel also has a restaurant, spa, a bar, and several shops on a lobby level. Our son enjoyed swimming in both pools: one indoor and one outdoor. The staff is also friendly and helpful. We highly recommend this hotel in Ocean City.

Room Tip: You can't have a bad view anywhere in this hotel. We like to stay on the higher floors from whe...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank justintime428
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

We're overjoyed you have made us your hotel of choice when you visit Ocean City, MD. I'm glad you and your family were able to really take advantage of all of the amenities we have to offer.

Thank you for the spreading the word about how much you love our property, it is greatly appreciated. We look forward to continue to be part of this tradition and can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Visited oc with my wife and daughter and the room didnt look clean bathroom had hair and stains in tub and sink. Sheet smelled and had hair we couldnt even unpack our luggages because the drawers we sticky and dirty. Its a good thing we walked with our own sheets towels and lots of disinfectant. I would recommend the owner spend some time and money on renovations because theres too much competition. Lets not forget the staff and their attitudes that makes you not want to go back and dont go to the coffee house they are extremely rude and expensive.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Rrsingh
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

I am disappointed to hear that you had a less than pleasurable experience during your stay with us. It is our goal to exceed your expectations by providing you with superior guest service and a meticulously cleaned room when you visit our property. I truly apologize this did not happen during your recent visit.

I empathize with you concerning the issues that transposed during your stay. However I would like to inquire if you attempted to notify any of the staff about your situations regarding the cleanliness of your bathroom, the condition of your sheets or the lack of customer service you received? I can guarantee we would have taken care of these issues immediately or upgraded you to a room of your liking for the inconvenience regarding the cleanliness of your room. I would also like to state that what you experienced is not a typical reflection of the standards we practice at the Grand Hotel and Spa, to be honest I am quite surprised by the details that caused your negative experience. If you look at previous reviews regarding our hotel one of the many things our guests rave about is our friendly and accommodating staff, along with how clean our rooms are in the hotel.

Although we feel as if we have failed you, I hope you will allow us the opportunity to win back your trust and prove our commitment to exceeding your expectations by choosing to stay with us again in the near future. I am confident that your next experience with the Grand Hotel and Spa will be a more pleasant one. Please feel free to contact me personally to discuss this matter further because I would like to make this right. Thank you for your time and business.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed here maybe half a dozen times over the past several years. A great oceanfront stay that has only one problem...but I like it. They leave you have the run of the place. To all those who go to the ocean and want all the elements of being home, well, stay home. This is oceanfront. Subject to sand, moisture and screaming kids, and adults, having fun. Go chill.

Room Tip: Oceanfront room is nice but not necessary. There are cheaper rooms on the backside looking over the...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank goboroot

Thank you for being such a loyal guest! We are ecstatic that you have made coming to the Grand Hotel and Spa a yearly ritual in your travels to Ocean City, MD. We are happy to hear that the only "problem" you have with our property is that we want our guests to enjoy themselves and really create lasting memories.

We cannot wait to see you again in the near future and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Yours in Hospitality,