New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Grand Hotel & Spa

Grand Hotel & Spa
Ranked #19 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Centreville, Virginia
“I stayed for 3 nights in February.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

absolutely the best. Have stayed b4. Top floor with the clean king bed and whirlpool with candles. And the robes. Denise at the desk was very helpful and friendly. Stay here. not overly priced and worth it. definite stay again

Room Tip: the staff and the rooms and bar and pizza joint on premises were all great quality. Has a coffee sho...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank gremlyn100
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for your kind words! I am overjoyed that you had another great stay with us here at the Grand Hotel and Spa! We have already recognized Denise for her outstanding customer service and would like to thank you again for your praise of our hard working staff. I look forward to seeing you again in the near future and welcome the opportunity to yet again prove that we strive to make every guest's experience an unforgettable one. Have a great day!

Yours in Hospitality,
Assistant General Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Buffalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Stayed here during the off season,but still plenty to do. Hotel was in a great location and the staff was very friendly. I would highly encourage a visit to the spa. We got massages from Karen and Sharon and they were excellent!! Definitely would come back....

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Julie M
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 24 March 2012
Hello,

I am cheerful that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our extraordinary Spa. I will be sure to share your pleasant feedback with Karen, Sharon and the rest of our hard working staff!

Thank you for your time and business. We hope to see you again in the near future.so we can continue to prove our commitment to making every guests' stay an amazing one!

Newark, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Another fabulous stay at the Grand. My 7 year old and our family y got to celebrate together at the wonderful indoor pool and gaming area ! Shuffle board, games, pool bean bag game, huge and really cool floor chess, just couldn't find better place to enjoy time together ! Thanks to the helpful friendly staff!!

Room Tip: They are all really great rooms... the hotel was designed to have a fab view from all rooms !
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dls1926
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Hello,

Thank you for sharing all of your positive feedback about our hotel! Your comments will surely be shared with all of our hard working staff. We are overjoyed that you and your family had another memorable stay.

We look forward to the opportunity of accommodating your next getaway needs in the future. Thank you once again for your kind words and business. Have a great day!

Yours in Hospitality,
Hagerstown, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

My husband and i made reservations to stay at this hotel this past saturday night the 10 of march for our nightly getaway for our anniversary. and we was looking forward to it. However we got a call a few hours prior to out arrival and was told that we was not able to have the king spa suite we reserved due to the jacuzzi not working but they could have put us in a premier room with out a jacuzzi. so we had to find another hotel which cost us more money. i wasnt at all satisfied with how the lady dealt with this situation cause having found out that she wasnted to still charge us 89.99 for a premier room stating it was a discount which it wasnt at all. I was really dissapointed that our weekend had to be ruined and so was my anniversary as well. i dont think i will be making any reservations at this hotwl anytime soon unless it is a really good deal and they can make up for what happened...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cwetzel1979
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Hello,

I am very sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with your recent interaction experience here at the Grand Hotel and Spa. It is our goal to provide every guest with a memorable stay and superior service. I apologize that we have let you down.

I understand and empathize with you on how frustrating it was to be informed the day of your arrival that we did not have the King Jacuzzi room available that you booked. Unfortunately certain situations do arise that are at times out of our control. We do attempt to remedy these situations in a timely manner and make every effort to not cause an inconvenience to any of guests in the process. However I would like to apologize because this is not always possible under extreme circumstances. After reviewing your reservation I do see that you were offered a complimentary bottle of champagne in an attempt to compensate you for this issue and prove that we truly care about our guests. I am unhappy to hear that you were not satisfied with the outcome because again it is our goal to provide superior service.

We would like the opportunity to win back your trust and prove our commitment to your satisfaction. Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss this matter further. I guarantee that your next experience with the Grand Hotel and Spa will be a more pleasant one. Thank you for your time and business. Have a great day!

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

We stayed with this hotel for the first time this past Saturday 2/25/2012-2/26/2012 and was very disappointed.
Upon checking into our room #206 there was an immediate problem with the television. The picture continually rolled and at times jumped. We immediately contacted the front desk and maintenance was sent to our room. Unfortunately after switching out two additional television sets, the problem remained the same. We were told that there was nothing else they could do and we were basically stuck with the picture the way it was. My husband is a light sleeper and wakes several times during the night and watches television so this was a big problem for us.

On another note, this is not the quietest hotel room we every slept in. The walls were very thin and ever noise could be heard. We were not aware there was a cheerleading rally occurring during our stay and there were young individuals running up and down the hall to go to the pool or game room. This went on until after midnight. As far as we know, management did nothing to stop this because it continues through the evening.

Lastly when I walked into the bathroom I noticed a half bottle of shampoo resting on a washcloth on the edge of the bathtub. This is not acceptable at all.

The only plus to this hotel is the location and the courtesy of the front desk.
The televisions should be replaced with flat screen sets.

My husband and I travel frequently and were very disappointed in our stay, to say the least. The price of the room was a bit steep for this time of year in Ocean City, which we don’t mind paying, if the value is there also. In the future we will not be staying at this hotel as there are so many other nicer choices in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Matthew B, Manager at Grand Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
I would like to apologize for the less than pleasurable stay you experienced at our property. Unfortunately the issue with your television was due to a problem pertaining to our cable provider and as you are already aware was not something that could be corrected by our Engineering department at that time. However I understand and empathize with you on how frustrating this situation was during your stay. I apologize once again for the unfortunate event, but delighted to inform you that we are moving in the direction of replacing some of our current televisions with flat screens and will continue to do so over time.

I would like to inquire if you attempted to inform the front desk about the constant noise coming from outside of your room? We did have a member of our security team working Friday and Saturday night due to the hotel being completely booked to assist with the cheerleader groups. He was constantly monitoring the floors to ensure issues similar to this were not taking place throughout the hotel. We would have been more than happy to send them up to your floor to investigate and handle the issue. I would also like to inform you for the future that we do offer King Jacuzzi rooms that are on an adult only floor. The situation pertaining to the half empty shampoo left in your bathroom is unacceptable and has been brought to the attention of our Director of Housekeeping.

Please allow us to win back your trust and prove our commitment to exceeding your expectations by staying with us again in the near future. I promise your next stay with the Grand Hotel and Spa will be a more pleasant one! Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to discuss this matter further. Thank you for your time and business. Have a great day!