My family and I have enjoyed a relaxing vacation to Ocean City, MD for the past several years. Having two small children to bring along lat summer, we decided to stay at the Carousel for several reasons.
I came across this video on YouTube: ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkKd1bZ-5t0 ) and knew right away this was the place for us. As the video clearly indicates, the Carousel Staff is enthusiastic, friendly, and well-spoken. Further, Each employee was more than willing to answer any questions my family had about the hotel or about the Ocean City area in general.
Traveling with two children, my family desired to stay somewhere that offered activities for both adults and kids. Like most hotels in Ocean City, the Carousel has both an indoor and outdoor pool. What sets the Carousel apart from the other resorts in Ocean City, however, were the other activities the Carousel offers. There is an ice rink located in the Atrium of the Carousel. Ice skating was a fun family activity that gave us a break from the beach when we needed it and gave us something to do when the weather was bad (not to mention the boys that worked in there were really cute and funny). We were amazed at the pristine condition of ice, especially when considering how hot it was outside (it didn't melt at all!!!!). We were also fortunate to see Ice Skating Show put on by professional skaters. My kids absolutely loved getting autographs from the skaters and dancing along to the fun and bubbly songs during the show. Also, for those parents looking to get away and relax for an evening, the resort offers a program called Camp Carousel which is essentially a day camp for children. The Camp provides kids with a variety of activities (including games, arts and crafts, movies, and a front row seat to the ice skating show) as well as dinner and ice cream. The kids loved and it and my husband and I got away for some much needed alone time ;). The Carousel also hosted a Movie on the Beach which was something great for the family to do at nighttime.
I would definitely suggest getting an Ocean Front Room. Our Room was on the 9th floor and was immaculate. It seemed as though the Carousel was located closer to the beach than the surrounding condos and it was great waking up every day to the beach. There were no problems with the room whatsoever and the Housekeeping staff was always very friendly and outgoing.
Lastly, the Carousel's location cannot be beaten. We had never stayed so far north before and did not realize what we were missing. There are tons of great restaurants, mini golf courses, and shops in the general vicinity which are easily walkable. Northside Park is only a few blocks away. There is a lot of stuff to do there and there is a fireworks show on the 4th of July which we were able to watch from the Carousel!! While we did have to drive or take the bus to get to downtown Ocean City, it was well worth the brief trip. Traveling with a family, it was nice to not always be surrounded by those rowdy college kids! Hard to believe that was me 25 years ago!! :) We liked that it was close to the surrounding Delaware beaches too, where some of our friends were staying.
I would highly recommend everyone stay at the Carousel. Having stayed at other condos such as the Hilton, the Clarion, and the Princess Royale (dont even get me started!), I can truly say that they do not compare to the Carousel. My family and I will absolutely be returning this summer and can't wait to vacation in style at the Carousel!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your family can enjoy a tradition of fun and relaxation at one of Ocean City Maryland's most popular family resorts. Come join us on our famous Ice skating rink or relax in our spacious atrium. Kick back and enjoy our beach patio with live music, exceptional Ocean City cuisine, and sip a frozen cocktail as you lounge beach side. Drop the kids off for ice skating and relax in our indoor pool, hot tub, or sauna. No matter what your expectations are for an ideal family vacation in Ocean City Maryland, Carousel has it all. We are Ocean City Maryland's favorite family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Resort Hotel And Condominiums
- Carousel Hotel Ocean City Md
- Carousel Hotel Condominiums