We were given two nights at this hotel as a business comp and were so pleasantly surprised! Our room was direct oceanfront on the fourth floor, which is really nice because we were higher than the sand dunes and had beautiful views of the ocean and beach.
To get to our room, we crossed the lobby through a set of double doors and entered into a common area and ICE SKATING RINK!! There is an indoor ice skating rink that is open around 10 or 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. and they have skates available in all sizes. There were plenty of people of all ages enjoying the skating. Also in this area is a bistro for coffee and light snacks, a gift shop, and the entrance to the indoor pool and access to conference areas.
We took the glass elevator up four flights and opened our door to a pleasant surprise. The room was large, clean and everything looked new and updated. The carpet was brand new which is a big bonus in my book. There were two queen beds and a sleep sofa, a table and two chairs, and a small kitchenette with fridge and microwave as well. The bathroom was rather small, but certainly clean and well maintained. Plus the oceanfront balcony had a table and three chairs for relaxing and enjoying the view.
We found out that they don't turn the air conditioning on until late April or early May, but we left the patio doors open and the room was perfectly cool.
We also enjoyed breakfast in their onsite restaurant. It was served buffet style or you could order from the menu, but we chose the buffet. Plenty of hot, fresh eggs, bacon, french toast, and creamed chip beef, plus yogurts and fresh fruits and cereals. Something for everyone, and this restaurant is right on the beach with huge windows and wonderful ocean views.
I have stayed in the condos at this hotel before and this was our second stay in the hotel portion. I would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel to couples and families alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your family can enjoy a tradition of fun and relaxation at one of Ocean City Maryland's most popular family resorts. Come join us on our famous Ice skating rink or relax in our spacious atrium. Kick back and enjoy our beach patio with live music, exceptional Ocean City cuisine, and sip a frozen cocktail as you lounge beach side. Drop the kids off for ice skating and relax in our indoor pool, hot tub, or sauna. No matter what your expectations are for an ideal family vacation in Ocean City Maryland, Carousel has it all. We are Ocean City Maryland's favorite family resort! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Carousel Resort Hotel & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carousel Resort Hotel And Condominiums
- Carousel Hotel Ocean City Md
- Carousel Hotel Condominiums