“OK place..”

Gateway Hotel & Suites
Ranked #16 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We went off-season and the main thing that I had an issue with was the price. I felt it was terribly overpriced for off-season. The hotel itself was OK - nothing spectacular - since I had heard it was fairly new I had expected better. The room itself was kind of small - no where NEAR enough dresser drawer storage. Nice that it had the fridge. All and all - so-so.. Breakfast was also nothing special - the typical.. They could use another waffle maker.
I'd stay here again due to the location during the bike week but I'd get a better price. Interesting that they quoted us MUCH lower prices if we go back in Sept.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa F
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

Enjoyed my stay here - room was clean and very roomy. The bathroom was huge with an interesting shower stall sunken into the wall - never seen one like that in motel. The Bed was very comfortable. We were within walking distance to many local attractions. Only negative was it was very noisy around 2:30 AM when people were coming home from the bars & clubs, Also some noise aroun 6:00 when the trash truck was making it's pickup. the room had a baloney but there was no view at all from the 2nd floor. The parking lot was extremely tight - I don't know what they do in season when the place is full - I could see you getting parked in by large vehicles

Breakfast was just OK - Very limited compared to other sleep Inns

Would probably stay here again - got a decent advance paid rate

Room Tip: Request a higher floor for a view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank terps101
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel in April 2012. The hotel is only a few years old (if that) with modern decor. This is the first hotel that we have stayed in that had an actual closet. Our room had an ocean view through power lines, but still nice. Staff was very accommodating. Breakfast was mediocre. If the boardwalk is important to you, it is only a block away. Parking was great in the off season, but not sure if there would be enough in the summer.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank debville99
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Stayed at the Sleep Inn for Ocean City's bike weekend and really enjoyed the hotel. My wife and I stayed here last year and this year was just as great. Rooms were clean, comfortable and a nice locations so we can walk to everything. The morning breakfest was simple and saved us a few dollars. We will be going back in 2012 for sure.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tfunky
Reviewed 23 September 2011

Well my stay started out great,a friendly staff member and a clean room. The trouble started when a key to my room was given to a suspicious stranger that was looking for someone with the same first name as me. The desk clerk issued a key to this stranger and then he attempted to enter my room at 4 am. If it weren't for the chain lock I can't imagine what may have happened. The man was yelling at us and reaching in through the door opening , trying to unlock the chain. The cops were called and we were unharmed physically, but I will be uneasy about hotel stays for a long time. That's unfortunate because we stay about 70 nights a year in hotels.

• Stayed: September 2011