“Seafood lover”

Loca Madre Tex Mex Seafood
Ranked #181 of 467 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 30
Description: Sister restaurant to the Original Crabcake Factory, just across Coastal Highway in Ocean City, located in the Food Lion Plaza.
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Best crab cakes. Hands down. I ordered a 5 ounce crab cake with grilled shrimp and it was amazing. It was so good that I went back the next evening for dinner.

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

For starters I don't consider this a seafood house. Its an average menu with set pricing. The majority was crab related which expected by the name. This is a trendy "hipster" looking joint. This review of the food is what I personally ate.

Crab cakes were ok. Lump style but very wet in the center. It's great more crab than breading but you still need a good ratio of both.
Crab mac and cheese, flavorless. Asiago mashed potatoes tasted like instant. Baby back ribs were fall off the bone but very dry. The sauce tasted generic. Portions were good, we did leave full.

Atmosphere was blah. Maybe being a Monday? Service sucked. The waiter was dull. Came to the table a couple of times to refill the water but no interaction. Everyone seemed so miserable except for one waitress taking care of tables behind us. Also 18% service charge on parties of 5, wtf is that?? I've seen 8-10 but 5? 4 adults that love good food and not impressed with this place. I felt like it was a poor attempt at gourmet cooking. There won't be a second shot for these guys. IGM-Rocknrollchef85

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

We had a nice long lunch at the bayside restaurant. I had a great chicken sandwich with the boom boom sauce on the side - it was a little too spicy for me. The sandwich was GREAT! My mom ordered a really good salad.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We have a home not far from the restaurant. We have also been going to the Crabcake factory for 15+ years. The newest restaurant should be an equal to the other 2 restaurants, but it was disappointing. The crabcakes were mushy, much different than their reputation; and the ribs were barely cooked, with the sauce placed on the ribs after they came off the grill!!!! We had asked for crispy fries and they were served barely cooked and limp. We were entertaining business clients so it would be awkward to complain. I tried to call to reach a manager to share my thoughts, but all you get is a series of recordings, further frustrating me. Don't think we'll be going back! Jack Tomlinson

Reviewed 2 August 2017

food and drinks were very good,service top notch had a really good time worth checking this place out