The Garrett Inn(Oakland)(Great Value!)
US$ 101
Inn At Deep Creek(Oakland)(Great Value!)
US$ 189
Oak-Mar Motel(Oakland)(Great Value!)
Oakland Motel(Oakland)(Great Value!)
US$ 211
The Lodges at Sunset Village(McHenry)(Great Value!)
US$ 224
US$ 215
QualityInn
Heldreth Motel(Kingwood)
US$ 73
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewsindoor poolthe kitchengreat view of the lakea great place to staynice condomain living areacloset doorsseparate bedroomnight stayshort drivedeep creekget awaytubsunitacesefficiencydishwasher
Reviewed 17 June 2009

It was beautiful and the location was great, but the cleaniness was somewhat to be desired. The staff was good and the room itself was lovely, but when I entered the bathroom the shampoo was half empty and the conditioner was empty. The shower seemed somewhat dirty and I almost felt like I was using a public restroom. The mattresses were so thin and old that when you laid down you could feel the springs. It was probably good 10 years ago, but a new mattress was badly needed. I had such a hard time sleeping. I don't think I be back again.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2008

Remember the harvest gold appliances of the seventies? Well we found 'em again -- rusting out in the condo we rented at Will 'O the Wisp. Units are individually owned, so I assume that some units actually have been updated within the last 40 years. The unit we had was less than acceptable. The concrete hallways reminded me of my college dorm. Soundproofing is nonexistent. Patio doors sliding open and closed sound like thunder. I could clearly hear the thump, thump, thump from the racquetball court, which kept my small children awake until after 10. If that's not enough to ruin a parent's weekend...we found a used needle in the parking lot. I rate this "condo-tel" only slightly above a complete dump because the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank surfermom
Reviewed 24 September 2007

My fiance and I stayed here in January 2007 and we loved it! We had a HUGE condiminium overlooking the lake. You walked in to the living room that had two double doors leading out onto a balcony, there was a real fireplace with wood supplied and a couch. To the left there was a decent sized kitchen. All the basics were supplied and all plates, cups etc too.

You then went upstairs and there was a fairly big bathroom to the left and a HUGE bedroom at the end of the corridor, with floor to ceiling windows. There was a balcony in here also that you could see down into the living area. The king size bed was extremely comfortable and everything was clean.

We did not eat in the restaurant, so we cannot comment on the food but we did eat in an italian restaurant just around the corner which was very reasonably priced.

We love the deep creek area and try and get down there once a year. We have been back since our stay at will o the wisp, but stayed in a little cottage in the woods. I'm sure we will go back to this hotel though as we enjoyed every minute of it.

I would certainly recommend it to all :)

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank doughnutnutty
Reviewed 27 August 2007

We just returned from spending a week in a condo at the Will O Wisp Resort in Deep Creek Lake, MD. The condo had just been renovated and was perfect for our needs. The resort has a wonderful indoor pool and hot tub. The majority of the staff were friendly with the exception of the staff in their restaurant. We had made a reservation because we had a party of 10. Once we were seated, the waitress approached and belligerently stated "I assume you all are having the pasta buffet?" Her behavior left us wondering what we had done. When I spoke with the manager as we left, he basically excused her behavior because he had to "beg her" to take our table because everyone was so busy. I also left a message to speak with the hotel manager but he never returned my call. Although the food was good, it certainly put a damper on our evening. One morning, our friends went down for breakfast and waited 20 minutes before being waited on.
Basically a great place to stay but explore the other restaurants in the area.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 October 2006

My husband and I just got back from staying at this hotel. We stayed in one of the loft rooms and it was decent, but when we got to our room, we noticed just tons of ladybugs, dead and alive, all over the room by the windows and doors, inside and out on the balcony . Alot of them! I went to the front desk because the phone to the front desk didn't work properly. I told the lady at the front desk about it and she talked to the head of housekeeping. They said they could put us in another room but we would have the same problem. (Apparently it was ladybug season?) I said that was fine (we were only in town 2 nights) but could someone please come and sweep up all the dead ones, it was disgusting to look at. Someone had to have noticed it when they 'cleaned' the room. You could not have missed them. They said they would send someone up, never did. We spent the first hour or two killing the crawling and flying ones. Even the next day when they came in to clean up, the bugs remained. I saw the sweeper in the hallway, took it to my room and cleaned some of them up the best I could. I can see this (maybe) slipping their minds the first day, but not when you go into the room the next day, see this disgusting mess and just totally ignore it. However, the view was just gorgeous, if you looked through and past the bugs.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with family