“Great house in great location!”

Review of Windysun West

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
MN_on_the...
Rockville, Maryland
“Great house in great location!”
Reviewed 31 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

I wish I could give this property a 4.5. I loved the house - which is very spacious, clean, pretty and nicely furnished - and the location was perfect for the winter, right by Wisp. The yard was larger and more private than I expected and the hot tub was great. The management company, Railey, was professional and I was impressed by their service both at checkin time and when I called with questions.

But having rented many houses at this mid-range price point, there were one too many annoyances that prevent my giving the place a 5. The biggest issue is that the standard 4 burner electric stove doesn't work properly. The 2 front burners are barely even attached to the stove, they tilt up at an unusable angle. Also, there seems to be some kind of plumbing issue. There is plenty of hot water which is great, but the faucets don't run smoothly both kitchen and bath faucets sputter sometimes. There is also no filtered water on the fridge, and you get cloudy well water from the tap - I believe the water quality is good but it is typical to have a fridge spout or even a Brita pitcher. The firewood provided was also not usable so our Eagle Scout couldn't get a sustainable fire going, I would have rather bought my own but didn't suspect that green wood would be stocked. They should also upgrade the 1st floor bedroom bed from a double to a king or at least a queen, and provide extra pillows and blankets for the 2 pullouts.

We had a great time anyway and would use Railey again for sure, but I might look for an alternate house. I would still recommend this one as long as the renter is aware of these minor issues.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
MD
Reviewed 26 May 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Maryland
Reviewed 7 September 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
baltimore maryland
Reviewed 11 September 2010 for a stay in August 2010

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 35-44
MD
Reviewed 12 August 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing