“New owners, very nice”

Tark’s Grill & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tark’s Grill & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 34 Restaurants in Lutherville
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

New owners at Tarks and a welcome change. Staff is sharp, seems clean and the place is on their game. Crab soup was good ( a bit baconny for my taste) and the crab cakes were excellent. Location is tops and this will continue to be a go to NW Bmore neighborhood spot! BTW, outside tables were packed and the patio is lovely on a nice day/evening.

Reviewed 6 June 2017

I went to Tark's with a large group for a graduation celebration. The restaurant had a nice, upscale, classic atmosphere with white table cloths, dim lighting and dark hardwood tables. Our large party split a bunch of plates.

1. Cheesesteak Spring Rolls - Delicious! Definitely my favorite item we ordered. The flavor was excellent and the vegetables, cheese, onions and steak tasted so good inside the crispy fried wonton shell. They were served with an excellent spicy ketchup dipping sauce.

2. Risotto Crusted Mozzarella Sticks - These tasted like regular mozzarella sticks. They were good, but I was hoping the risotto would have more of an effect on the overall consistency of the dish. That being said, fried cheese is always yummy!

3. Hot Crab Dip - spiced with parmesan, Old Bay seasoning and toasted ciabatta. Served piping hot, creamy consistency. The spicing was perfect!

4. Golden Beet & Apple Salad - Beet salads are usually one of our favorite items on menus, but we did not like this beet salad. It sounded fresh and delicious in the menu's description, but we were disappointed.

5. Teriyaki Salmon - I would order a different entree next time. The salmon was pretty average. It came with a "potato pancake," which was overly dried out and flavorless.
The side of sesame spinach was pretty good!

6. Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail - Good! The shrimp pieces were huge!

With a wide range of loving some plates to being disappointed in others, I give this restaurant 3 stars. If I were to return, I would stick with appetizers and cocktails, versus entrees. It was a very relaxing place to have dinner.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

People oriented in most pleasant and helpful and positive manner. The food service and food is excellent—I had the Legacy salad and it is the best ever (excellent texture, taste, ingredients). The coffee (I had regular) is fresh and also excellent. The atmosphere is enjoyable and considerate thanks to the quietude due to the absence of interfering background music, which allows for conversing with others in comfort. This is a restaurant that meets the standards of James Beard, et al, in epicurean delight.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

Tarks was once a favorite place of mine for lunch and dinner. Sat at the bar for lunch. Bartender was ok, if a little cool. Decided on the simplicity of a cheeseburger, which were formally some of the best in the area. They must have changes the recipe for the ground beef, because the flavor was flat and a little dry. The burger was adorned with a cheese blend which I wasn't told about, nor was I offered a simple slice of American cheese. Boring I know but I like it. They would have changed it but I didn't particularly want to wait for a redo. Also did not like the soggy cooked tomatoes on top which still left the bun wet after removal. Fries, served on the side, were limp and greasy. Finally the second cup of coffee was lukewarm. Was not offered desert. Not my idea of a $20 (with tip) lunch. Not very likely to return.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed a great lunch today with blackened salmon salad turkey burgers and other items. Sitting outside by the new water feature and very comfortable and modern Decor was especially welcomed. Byron our waiter made the meal completely enjoyable and was and an enthusiastic representative of the new restaurant ownership. I wish the new owners luck, as they will certainly will have my patronage.