All reviews continental breakfast free wifi gym comforter toiletries bwi
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

We were here for a lacrosse tournament with the whole team. The pool doesn't open till 5 and then we could only use a third of it due to them training a couple of lifeguards. That was a little tough with all the kids that wanted to swim. To make matters worse the lounge never opened on Saturday night!!! That is not good business, I can tell you they will not get our business again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim T
John K, Conference Director at Maritime Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

I can honestly make no excuses for being off our mark during your stay. A combination of errors resulted in a number of unhappy guests -- and that is not our goal. Please know that we have learned some hard lessons and will do our best to avoid a repeat performance.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I had such a weird experience here. Positive thing: the food is good, with lots of selection for breakfast and lunch particularly. Apart from that, a whole lot of things went wrong. I was supposedly "checked in" but later tried to charge something to my room and was told I wasn't. So I had to go back to the desk and figure that out. Then the power went out for a couple of hours. If the 5 nights I was there, 2 mornings I did not have hot water, and was told by people who had stayed there before that it is normal, as when there are a lot of people, you have to get up early to get the hot water.

But snacks are plentiful and the DIY Coke machine covers a multitude of sins! ;)

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
John K, Conference Director at Maritime Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Please accept our sincere apologies for the trouble during your stay. This is not normal! We thought the issue with the hot water was resolved, but it turned out to be difficult to track down. That said, we have spared no expense in making sure to get everything back up and running. I sincerely hope you will honor us with another visit so that we can again show you our hospitality -- and fancy coke machines!

Kindest Regards,
John A. Krikorian
Conference Director

Reviewed 8 April 2017

Our organization uses this place a lot. I personally LOVE it, though there's always someone in the group that's got a gripe. Whatever. It's near absolutely nothing, which can be a drag if your conference/training has free time, but there is a shuttle that will take you to BWI or the nearest light rail station so you can get out and explore if you want to. The rooms are nice, the wifi property-wide is excellent (I have never hit a dead spot.), the towels and toiletries are very good. Our shower this time around was awesomely large. Beds were comfortable, though the comforter kept migrating toward the floor. Plenty of pillows and extra blankets in the closet.

Staff are excellent--really a highlight of this property. Special shout-out to our lady bartender Holly who was the absolute best.

Laundry facilities, a gym, pool in the basement. TV, fridge, coffee maker, hair dryer and iron in the room. There may have been a microwave but I can't remember.

Three awesome meals a day. Again, a couple of people complained about the food, but as a Californian lemme tell you I ate well. Breakfast, lunch, dinner! Vegetarians and even vegans, you will not starve. Not eating processed food? They've got you covered. The salad bar was substantial enough you could probably be doing paleo and be okay. Lots of fresh vegetables, cooked and raw, and lots of fruit AT EVERY MEAL. Many fish options. The coffee was good and strong, and that was much appreciated!

My favorite conference venue, hands down.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Please accept my sincere thanks on behalf of all of us here at MCC for this glowing review! We try our best to meet the needs of all of our guests -- even those with special dietary needs. And we are making continuous improvements to the property, which includes the new gym and recreation room as well as our robust wi-fi -- all complimentary! As for those pesky comforters, please look for triple sheeting in the near future! Thank you again for being a loyal guest!

Kindest Regards,
John A. Krikorian
Conference Director

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

Had football camp here for Washington Valor. Staff was amazing and took great care of the team. Great facilities, the bed are comfortable and the maids were always nice and did a Grey job meeting every players need

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
John K, Conference Director at Maritime Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear Mike,
Thank you for the excellent feedback and the five stars! We truly enjoyed having the Washington Valor with us and look forward to having you back again! John

Reviewed 26 January 2017

We have attended events at this location for years. The rooms on the hotel side are simple but clean and comfortable. The hotel staff wonderful and pays complete attention to the guest. On the conference side the folks will do everything possible to make your event a total success. The food is unreal. Some of the best you've ever eaten and puts most anything else in the area to shame.

Room Tip: Do not make the mistake of dining out. Stay in for this place
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
John K, Conference Director at Maritime Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2017

Dear Jeff,
Thank you so much for the glowing review. I will make sure to pass on your comments to the appropriate department heads. We look forward to seeing you again soon.