All reviewsgreat facilitiescontinental breakfastfree wifigymmaidscomfortertoiletrieswashingtonbwi
Reviewed 28 August 2016

The location is perfect and is surrounded by many things to do. The conference was updated and clean. It was easy to locate places within the space and the staff members were very helpful when needed.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2016

When you want good food, a down home atmosphere, and clean to perfection room, then this is the place to stay. CCMIT cooks food for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Seasoned beef, lamb, pork ribs, chicken, seafood e.g., shrimp, fish, , omelette stations, pasta stations, salads (you create your own), sandwiches, steak subs to order, and much more - all you can eat! The rooms are clean with NO cobwebs, or dust bunnies. Everything is in it's place. Good rates! - I have paid higher and got nothing - not even a continental breakfast...

Now I went to another hotel and paid much more than CCMIT for a weekend rate with no breakfast, pillows for the bed found in the corner behind the chair/loveseat, found socks, hangers behind the dresser, and crumbs in the carpet under the table.

Well there you have it. It's all a matter of perspective and perspective always tells the truth...

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2016

Talk about service - after a long flight, I got picked up by hotel bus at the airport very quickly. The food in tasty and plentiful and there is a lot to choose from. The served meat, fish and chicken great soups and what a salad bar and endless beverages. The hotel is priced right and if you are hungry it's your own fault. This place is much better than being stuck at a courtyard or some other corporate motel chain! Also, the is a real interesting place with a maritime museum and some really amazing training simulators used to train ship captains and marine pilots, and they'll even give your a tour. ALSO, I had meetings in Washington DC and they shuttled me to AMTRAK, which is conveniently near and at 600 am the shuttled me to the BWI Airport. Great service, lots of good food and a great value for my business travel budget!! I would highly recommend the Conference Center at the Maritime Institute to any savve traveler. It is all about VALUE!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2016

I am here with the kids while my husband attends a conference at this place. The place smells like stale smoke as soon as you enter, it is dated and at times a whiff of sewage emerges in the halls/room.
While my husband attends the business aspect I thought to bring kids to the pool since after all they have one and this place is in the middle of nothing. With excited kids in tow we proceed to the BASEMENT only to be told the pool is closed all day everyday until 5 pm and closes by 10pm!!! What the hell? It is the middle of summer, you have a pool and no one can use it till close to dinner time? Seems this is a tell all of employee -employer-union issues as to who will take care of it, man it or be paid for it...meanwhile the customer pays for the lack of amenities. Speaking of amenities, for an extra $60 for me to stay the 3 days, means that 3 meals a day are included. Well don't hold your breath yet, the food was the worse thing I have ever experienced. The pancakes each morning were so burned by the heat lamp that they stuck to the pan and made each on tough. Ok, so I thought to try the french toast , same thing. I am not sure on the eggs. The biscuits and bread rolls were hard enough to hold doors open. The positive for breakfast was the coffee and the bagels, no cream cheese though only peanut butter and jelly or butter. Lets talk lunch, you can certainly hold down a diet was at the salad fixings are great. I was happy to see tofu and veg noodles as we are pesceterians but no fish items anywhere in this place and yet we are in Maryland! I stuck to noodles some bland green beans and olives. The lis tater tots were so crunch the fork could not go through it, it was just dried up and now stuck on crunch mess. So we also tried the dinner thing on the last night as we ate a fabulous dinner at the Rusty Scupper the night before and a great lunch at Phillips this last day. Soon yeah, so glad we ate well for lunch. After 4 rolls and all of us trying to open them, pry them with a knife and all nothing worked. One staff member said they are hard and the place does not have a microwave but usually they are always hard. Yeah you could break a tooth on it! Anyway I found shrimp, well shrimp morsels or crumbs, they were teeny and no tarter sauce here, drowned it in ketchup as the bottle labeled mayo seemed scary. Again, salad is safe, ice cream taste weird, skip it, they have soda fountain and juice in the morning. Rated potatoes were very good, but I would be shocked to ruin that as it was olive oil and rosemary.
The maid service? We needed towels and new bath mat, I was able to get it from a lady who knocked at 8:30am ( mind you we came in at midnight) the rest of the day no one cleaned our room. The next day my husband called to have towels and a bathmat sent but no one came . Hours after I found the same lady in the hall and told her I would need a bathmat that she had with her cart and took it myself. I had left all our dirty towels outside of my door hoping that would be a sign eventually but it wasn't. I don't think she spoke English.On our last night we came to a clean room and towels, but get this, they don't switch out the bar of soap you have used or any small of the mixed matched shampoo and conditioners even if you have used them. Gee ever think we may need more ? I understand saving a few bucks and will take the character of mixed products but c'mon we can do better than with holding shampoo.
I do want to say the dinning staff with the horrible food were very kind people if only they were service the same quality food as the service. All views from this hotel if you wanna call it that face a parking lot and it is surrounded by a couple of other hotels lots of tracker trailers and kinda industrial area. There is a Cracker Barrel at the corner, wish I had gone. I usually review for honesty and facts, wish I could do more for this place, but it is what it is.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 August 2016

I recently attended an event here, which was not maritime or military related. The rooms are a bit dated, but clean. The bathroom was tiny, but functional. I found the bed comfortable. The whole facility is pretty tired looking. The free airport shuttle is nice, and showed up pretty quickly after I called.

My main complaint would be the food. Some of it was pretty good, most of it was mediocre, and some was downright terrible. It also must've been loaded with sodium, as I had swollen fingers the whole time I was there. Talking with people who had attended the event last year, apparently the quality was much better then. The last night of our event some of our group ordered pizza, and I lived to regret my decision not to as it was the worst food yet that night. On my flight home I was eating the airplane meal and thinking it was pretty good compared to the food I had been eating at MITAGS all week. Airplane food is better than the food at this place.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends