“Incompetence at its finest.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport

Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States
“Incompetence at its finest.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

My son and I recently stayed here the night before we flew back home after visiting the U.S. Science and Engineering Festival in Washington D. C. We booked a king room with sleeper sofa online and asked in the special requests section, "Could you please place us in a quiet room away from elevators and vending. I am a light sleeper. Thanks!"

The clerk Terrell was friendly and courteous at the front desk and he gave us our room key and we headed up to our room. We were both exhausted to the point of collapse and we just wanted to sleep before we caught our early flight home.

We went up the elevator and found room 419. It wasn't a long walk to room 419 because it was right next to the elevator! I went inside hoping the room might be quiet, but soon after the elevator door opened and the two people who were talking as they exited sounded as if they were in our room. I also noticed the room had no sofa bed. My son and I gathered up our belongings and went back down to the front desk to see if we could find the accommodations we asked for.

The clerk Terrell apologized, and after five to ten minutes searching the computer, found us another room. We went back up the elevator and found a room at the end of the hall.

My son and I unpacked and talked about the days events while getting ready for bed. We were unfolding the sofa bed when a lady used a key card and came in our room. I met her at the door and told her we were given this room. She was very embarrassed and I was shook up. I have never had someone enter my room before. She said she would go back to the front desk and straighten things out. Shortly after the front desk called and asked who was in the room. I find it amazing that they did not know.

After this intrusion we went about making the sofa bed and found there were no sheets for it anywhere in the room. We called down to the front desk and asked if sheets could be brought up. The clerk said they would be right up. My son and I watched TV for awhile trying to wind down and after thirty-five minutes realized we still had no sheets. I went down to the lobby and found the two clerks sitting there doing nothing. I mentioned we asked for sheets close to forty minutes ago and we still had not received them. They said they would be right up.

While going up the elevator I had a thought similar to many themes in horror movies. I thought everyone was ganging up to conspire to make my night as miserable as possible. If I saw Freddy Krueger coming down the hall I was out of there!!!

Ten minutes later the sheets arrived. We made up the bed and went to sleep. During the night I had a nightmare so bad I was screaming and woke my son. I dreamed someone was in our room and was grabbing my legs trying to pull me out of my bed and into the hall. It took while to get back to sleep after that. At seven something in the morning the phone rang once and stopped. I tried to get back to sleep, but was too ticked off to do so. My son and I got up, showered and went downstairs for breakfast.

After breakfast we went up to pack and realized his laptop was missing. We went down and searched our rental car and back up to fully check our room. We realized we must have left it in room 419 right next to the elevator. We went down to the front desk and they gave us the key to 419 after telling them what happened. Fortunately the laptop was there. As we left room 419 we passed a pest control guy right by the elevator. We got to our room and the door was wide open! The pest control guy made a beeline for us apologizing as we entered. By this time I was so ticked off I just wanted to get the hell out of there. How can someone be allowed to come into our room, leave the door propped open, and go to the other end of the hall with all of our luggage and my briefcase on the bed by the door?

As I checked out I gave the clerk my comments card and said that this past night wasn't your best effort. I briefly explained the problems. The clerks apologized and said they would have the manager contact me. I have been home almost a week and have heard no response. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels in my life and this has to be among the worst.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else for
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Phil B
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback regarding your experience. We apologize for the unfortunate chain of events during your stay and our General Manager wiill be in contact with you immediately. Have a great day!

Hampton Inn BWI Airport
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

We recently stayed here after arriving on a late flight at BWI and the night before leaving for an early flight. Just wanted a place to spend the night close to BWI that was clean and comfortable and this hotel certainly was that. Beds were comfortable and bathroom is fairly large. Breakfast at this hotel is very good especially the dark roast coffee which is EXCELLENT. I would say that the coffee at breakfast is one of the best things about Hampton Inns. The coffee in the room is another story - don't bother - it's nasty! The rooms at Hampton Inn are smaller and tighter than I would prefer but again, they are fine for a night's stay. Definitely would not stay here long term with two teenagers - simply not enough room. The one complaint I had about our stay here was that our room did not have a microwave or fridge. Their website advertised that the rooms had them but apparently only SOME of the rooms at this hotel do. Something to be aware of if you really want those appliances for your stay.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask if your room has a microwave/fridge if you want one. Don't assume the room has t...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! Although it sounds like overall you enjoyed your stay with us, we could've have made it a little more pleasurable. We appreciate when our guests take time to let us know about the experiecnce as we're always looking for ways to improve. The next time you visit us we'll make sure to have that fridge and microwave available for you! Have a great day!

NeedhamAl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hampton Inn on the last leg of a tour of colleges. The room was spacious and clean and the beds were quite comfortable. Breakfast (included in our room package) was terrific, featuring fresh fruit (something you don't often get for hotel breakfasts), eggs, waffles, muffins and the like. There's a shuttle that runs to the airport every 15 minutes, and the ride to BWI takes all of about 5 minutes. There's a business center in the lobby for printing boarding passes. All in all a really nice place to stay if you are flying into or out of BWI.

Stayed April 2012
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your experience with us at Hampton Inn BWI! From the clean room and comfortable bed, to the breakfast and shuttle service, it sounds like we were able to meet your lodging needs. We always appreciate when our guest take a moment to let us know how we're doing. The next time your travels bring you back to the Baltimore area, please visit us once again. Have a great day!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is my "go to" hotel. When I come to the area on business. Most recently I "lived" here for 20 days. The staff here goes out of there way. When the cleaning staff knew I like my extra towels and saw my pillow from home was on certain side of the bed she took the care put out extra towels and fluff my pillow.

The rooms have comfy beds, roomy bathrooms, a minfridge, microwave, and coffe maker. This hotel is close to a Mcdonalds starbucks ruby tuesdays wendys even a movie theater if you have an afternoon to kill. Easy access to airport and local trains.

My secret... Get a room on the 2nd floor... Thats the level the back of the hotel is on, you can park in back and skip the elevator.
Ive never been disappointed, except with their southwestern egg thing which occassionally appears o the breakfast buffett.. Yick.

• Stayed June 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you for your great feedback regarding your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI!
We always appreciate when our guest take a moment to let us know how we're doing. I can assure you your comments will be shared with all of our team members. The next time you're in the Baltimore area please come visit us once again. Have a great day!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

We are here right now. Very nice Hampton Inn.This is probably the 5th or 6th time we have stayed here. We take advantage of the Park/sleep/fly option

• Stayed March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HamptonBWI, Manager at Hampton Inn Baltimore - Washington International Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us positive feedback during your recent visit with us at Hampton Inn BWI! I'm so glad to hear you've stayed with us 5 or 6 times now and we've provided you with an enjoyable experience each time. We look forward to your next return visit with us. Have a great day!