Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Linthicum Heights
Reviewed 15 October 2012

The location is good if you need to access to BWI. The front desk staff was very nice. The room could have been cleaner. It looked like only the main traffic areas of the room were vacuumed. This is an older Embassy Suites, and it shows in the furnishings and bedding. They have updated to HD TV's which is a plus. Our room had a large living room with a dining table. The rooms are not set up well for work. There is very little desk space, and it was in the bedroom rather than the living room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2012

lovecat,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure our guest rooms reach the highest cleanliness standards. You are correct, the work desks in the bedrooms are adequate, though not oversized if you have a lot of work that needs to be accomplished. The game table in the parlor is larger and could be used for a desk so one could spread out more. However, it is not convenient to have your work in the area were other guests can see it. I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback. Chuck Chandler

Reviewed 10 October 2012

Average hotel. I was a bit disappointed with the quality of the room and mostly the bed and bedding. The sheets were just thin and had rips all over. The pillows were old and lumpy. My room on the 8th floor had the smell of cigarette smoke lofting in from the A/C system; this alone made for a very miserable sleep. Breakfast and service was very good, the managers reception was very good. The selection of drinks was very generous compared to other ES hotels. The hotel is starting to show its age, and is in need for a major renovation. Some other little things were odd, as a Hilton Diamond I was told at check in I was upgraded to the 8th floor. Not sure what that got me… Over all I think for the same price point you can find much better accommodations in the BWI area. If you want the free drinks at happy hour and breakfast and can deal with the old décor and below average bedding, it is not a bad place.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business

dcl80,
I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I would love to know what date and room number you stayed in while in Baltimore. We do not accept sheets and pillows as you describe and I would love to use these comments as a teaching tool for our team. The Embassy Brand has very high standards for linen and pillows and we do everything we can to ahere to these standards. Unfortunatley, it seems as though we failed with you. 8th floor accommodations at our hotel allow for daily bottled water in your room, complimentary high speed internet access and robes for your stay. I don't know what smoke may have come into your room unless someone was smoking inappropriately near by. The only smoking rooms we have are on the 2nd floor. My aplogies for this as well. I do appreciate your comments regarding Breakfst and the Manager's Reception. As Brand Pillars, we have put considerable efforts into ensuring our guests appreciate the offerings and services. I believe your experiences were an exception and would hope that we could regain your trust if you chose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to the area. Chuck Chandler

Reviewed 4 October 2012

The room was quiet and clean. The front desk staff helpful. The made to order breakfast was awesome. The breakfast crew was quite personable. The room rate was reasonable. I have stayed at three other hotels in the BWI airport district and this by far is the best.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Phil B,

Thanks for your kind words regarding your recent stay with us. We would welcome you back any time your travels bring you back to the area! Chuck Chandler

Reviewed 3 October 2012

Attended a training class and stayed at this Embassy. It was a typical embassy. The room was less than what I expected. The bed was so weathered that you just rolled to the center and sank into the abyss The bathroom had a funky smell like the floor hadn't been cleaned or maybe their was leak under the toilet. I decided that since I still had several nights left I wanted a new room. The hotel front desk was very accommodating and provided a new room. The bed in the new room was great but then the A/C wasn't functioning properly. I kind of figured that since the A/C didn't work so great the room saw fewer guests hence the firmer bed, Go figure ..... Since it wasn't very hot I decided a firmer bed was much more important and I stayed in the room. Overall the staff at the hotel is very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was included each day and served everything one could want. There was one elevator out of service which slowed down getting to and from the room. The Emabassy happy hour included some light snacks and assorted spirits. The hotel has a lot of positives and I would probably stay again if I had to come to a class but it is nothing to write home about.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
ChuckChandler, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baltimore BWI - Washington Intl. Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2012

vinross,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry that you had issues with your rooms while here. It would be great to know which rooms you stayed in so that we could address your concerns. Our guests security and comfort are priorities and it would be nice to know if we need to replace a bed and work on the HVAC unit. Glad that the complimnetary Services met expectations. Please look us up again if your business/training travels bring you back to the area. I think your experiences we exceptions and yur next stay will be more convenient and comfortable. Feel free to reach out to me at chuck.chandler@hilton.com. Thanks again...

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed for 4 nights for a family gathering down the road. Very clean, very nice, and considering the amount of events going on in the hotel, very quiet. No event noise, evern on the second floor and no airplane noise considering how close it is t the airport. The room was typical of Embassy Suites and everything was very clean and worked. Staff was courteous and responsive to needs. Only negative comments are the cost of Wifi and the cost of drinks at the bar. The manager's reception is nice, and I agree with the comments about the long lines and lack of staff. My comment about costs concerns drinks outside of the managers reception. We had dinner in the bar late one night. For a hamburger, salad, soup, 4 double vodka tonics and 4 beers, it was $125. The drinks came to $80. The charges were $15 for a double drink. that's $7.50 per shot. That's about what you pay at the airport itself. I think this is where they make up the cost of the manager's reception.
Other than that, we will definitely stay here again, but eat and drink elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatinCO

PatinCO,

Thanks for your kind words about your recent stay. I appreciate your comments regarding the costs associated with the meal you ate. I will use this information with the Food and Beverage team to ensure that we are priced competiviely and are providing ways to hkeep you here for more than one meal or evening. Look forward to having you stay with us again. Chuck Chandler