“Received Excellent Customer Service from Brian M.”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in LaVale
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Although I had an exisitng reservation at this location, when I arrived I was not tired and wanted to continue my drive towards Ohio. I stopped into the LaVale location and asked Brian how soon I needed to cancel my rez for the night without penalty. He stated I had 30 minutes left. I asked him how far this location was from Washington PA. I was expecting an approximate time from off the top of his head. I was not prepared for Brian to mapquest instructions to the hotel, and to another destination I had in mind, to call the other hotel to inquiry about availability. When calling the hotel did not work, he called the "800" rez line and gave me a coupon to get 20% off of my room at the Washington location. I did not asked for this. He just went that extra mile even though he knew I was going to cancel my rez at the LaVale location. All of this took 15 minutes. During all of this he had other guests that checked in and he waited on them well without taking his attention away from my needs. Sometimes he had two phones held up to his ear; one talking to phone customers and the other for me!

I travel alot and stay in various hotels. Never in any of my stays have I felt compelled to get online and speak of my hotel experiences. But I HAD to let his Management know that Brian gave excellent customer service and wish me a safe trip as I left the hotel. So often customers only report the bad, but not this time. EXCELLENT!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 17 August 2011

Actually it as not 2010 but 2 yrs earlier that we stayed there, arriving late at night on the way to Ohio we were greated warmly and spent a great night. On the way home we stayed there again and found the manager very helpful: Hey the place is not the Hyatt, and we travel with dogs, and this place was great. There were several places to eat, and all one needs to do if needed is ask for something and these people went out of there way to help us. Thanks.

Room Tip: enjoy the stay
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2010

My family and I stayed here for one night during a long road trip. Our room was rather tatty, with stains on the carpet and a rather musty smell. The motel promoted free Wi-Fi, but it turned out the signal was too weak to reach the room, so you have to sit in the cramped reception to log in. Breakfast, included in the price, was pretty OK by comparison with other motels, with a selection of hot drinks, along with muffins and doughnuts. There was also an Applebees restaurant within walking distance across the road.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Redroof664, Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

We would like for you to know that due responses such as yours on trip advisor, we have now updated our wi-fi capability. The signal is now able to reach even the furthest reaches inside and outside the hotel. You are now able to sit out on the deck while searching the web. Thank you for your help and for your opitions. We hope that in the future while passing through Lavale, you would give us the opportunity again to make your stay much more pleasant than the last time.

Reviewed 11 July 2010

We were travelling to the east coast and started looking for a place at 1:30a. to sleep.
The hallways are tired, rooms more tired, and A/C didn't work well.
For the price this one fell way below Red Roof standards. The next day in the day light saw a few other choices that we should have checked in to - our bad.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hortkie

Thank you for opinion of the Red Roof Inn. Because of your opinions and others here on Trip Advisor we were able to make some much needed changes. We now offer a wider range of breakfast and renovations are underway. The next time you're in town let us know and we'd be more than happy to make up for our mishaps the last time you were in town.

Reviewed 14 February 2010

Being a professional dog trainer, I have stayed in a lot of Red Roof Inns. This was one of the nicest. My van broke down on my way cross country, requiring nearly 9 days for repair, in the dead of winter. The staff at this made this frazzled and weary traveler and her 4-legged family feel like THEIR family the whole time we were there. Huge kudos to the entire staff of this motel. Everything from the cleanliness of the rooms to the rides the handyman generously gave me to pick up dog food and dinners made a huge difference in what could have otherwise been a really bad week. Thanks Guys.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo

Thank you so very much for your kind words about our little staff here at the Red Roof. We appreciate your honesty and would be happy to have you again. The staff here does try to accomodate each and every guest. We were glad to help in your time of need. Please reach out to us if you're ever in town again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near LaVale
1.0 km away
27.9 km away
Keyser Inn
Keyser Inn
#2 of 2 in Keyser

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK