“Wish I could go more”

Ranked #7 of 16 Restaurants in LaVale
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Living in DC, food is evetywhere. My favorite neighborhood chinese place open for 30 years closed. This place is the next best thing. Great, friendly service, great prices for the portions given (which are on the large side) and delicious food. Nothing on the menu isn't delicious. Support this awesome local business please!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We almost always have the mussamen curry -- mostly because it is excellent and we have never found anything else on the menu we like better even though everything I have tried has been very good.

Service is always excellent.

Ambience is good -- I think the place is an old fast-food restaurant so don't expect anything fancy.

As in the title, "Asian" in western Maryland is almost non-existant. This place is excellent even if the only option for Thai and one of a few for Asian.

Reviewed 14 November 2010

Several different restaurants have been in this location in the past, but this is the best iteration yet. There are two different menus: Thai and 'standard Americanized Chinese', and honestly you can't go wrong with either.

Reviewed 30 September 2010

My husband and I LOVE the Banana Leaf! I've been eating here periodically since 2003, and the food and service have always been great. It's never crowded (they get a lot of take out business), so you can always grab a seat. Order the jasmine tea. I recommend the chicken soup to start, it's got coconut milk, chicken, mushrooms, and chile oil. Spicy and delicious! There are a variety of curries to be had, but I'm a sucker for the coconut noodles with shrimp. The waitress is always friendly, attentive, and efficient, and the prices are great for the amount of food you get. We usually have leftovers for at least one more (if not two) meals after eating here. The atmosphere is about on par with most Asian restaurants - decent to mildly over-the-top decorations (crystal chandeliers!), but we're really there for the tasty food.

Reviewed 2 January 2010

The best (and only) curry around