“Pretty good for a Red Roof” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Laurel
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
Philomont, Virginia
“Pretty good for a Red Roof”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2012

I typically stay at Marriotts and Sheratons, so I wasn't sure what to expect at a Red Roof and was a bit skeptical. But I was traveling with my dog and another friend who also had dogs ... going to a local dog show ... and this was our best choice. I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The staff was awesome and friendly from start to finish. The room was basic (as one might expect at a Red Roof) but clean, bed was very comfortable. Overall, the stay was just fine and I will most likely stay at other Red Roofs when traveling with my dog :)

Room Tip: Back side faces a wooded area, maybe a bit quieter. Although noise was not a problem during our stay...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Don't even know where to start - we should have known as soon as we walked up the stairs to find a pile of broken glass on the filthy walk to our room. Rubbish everywhere and obviously hasn't been washed down in ages. The room stunk of smoke it was overwhelming but that was partly due to the heat in the room elevating the odour to bigger proportions. We could not get the room to cool down it was stifling even after we had turned the heater off for two hours so we had to put the air conditioner on to get some relief.

There was no coffee making facilities, no fridge, no microwave and to top it off - no breakfast. No hot water even though I did ask in the morning and was assured the hot water was hot. It wasn't. The floor in reception was sticky - my shoes were sticking to it! This was not good value at all - it was not the cheapest we have stayed in ( the night before in Gettysburg was over $10 cheaper and exceptionally good. ) This place is infinitely worse and charges more.

I will accept most things as an experience but I will not ever condone somewhere that isn't clean. They need to lift their game a long way

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Willowray

Travellers are raving about these Laurel hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2011

I'm actually sill amazed at how clean this place was for the rate we paid. And 20mins from DC. I've stayed in Lanham and Oxon hill and no one has ever told me about the redicard. As soon as I walked in the door the lady at the front desk gave me an application and explained what it was. Very friendly woman, I think she was from the Dominican republic. She called me to make sure everything was ok, again sOmething the other red roofs never did!!! I recommend this red roof to all those people coming to visit dc and don't want to pay ridiculous prices.

• Stayed August 2011
Laurel, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

If you are looking for a clean place to spend the night that won't break the bank this is it

• Stayed May 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2011

This was the worst hotel/motel i have ever done. I still can't believe that i actually made it through the night. The room that we had reserved was not available when we got there. They gave us a different one which was supposed to be an upgrade. Believe me when i say that the room was disgusting. My husband and i do not smoke and had consequently asked for a nonsmoking room. The room that we had was nonsmoking but smelled cigarette to the point where i could barely breathe. We stayed in that room from 8pm till 8am and by then all our clothes only smelled cigarette. Please don't ever go to this red roof inn.
The red roof near BWI or the one in Columbia is a thousand time better than this one.

Room Tip: room 303 has no noise and smells cigarette
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled on business