We chose this hotel for our 2nd trip to DC area during the kids' spring break. Overall, we had a great experience. Hotel staff were ALL very friendly and courteous. Very welcoming.
The only disappointment was caused by another group of guests whose stay there happened to overlap with ours.
There were a few dozens of rowdy teenagers storming the rather small pool one night all at the same time, and decided to behave in a way that was not very considerate for people who are not part of their group. They threw each other into the pool without any regards for other swimmers already in the water, rough playing and screaming despite the presense of other guests with elementary school age children. But most appallingly, the two female chaperones who showed up after most of the teenagers gathered (all together around 30 or so) had said NOTHING to calm down the teens. Not even "Be considerate!" The two adults just seemed very happy to see them having fun, and took the group picture for the teens, then proceeded to join them in the jacuzzi which was already over-crowded by 20 or so of teens. There was also a male chaperone/teacher came to check on the teens, but he was also only interested in finding his "kids" having a good time. And, of course, he did not say anything when he saw the extremely over-crowded pool & jacuzzi with rowdy cheer from them.
When I asked the name of the school and where they are from, the night shift of the front desk did not give out the information. I wish I could report the incompetencies of the chaperones to the school they came from, but since I didn't get the info, instead of writing to the school officials, I am posting this review on this spot.
Retrospectively, the banging noise that went on after 10PM through wee hours must have been those teenagers as well --> walls and ceilings are bit on the thin side...
I believe the teenagers stayed at this hotel 2 nights from 3/27/2012 and left in the morning of 3/29/2012. One of the teens had a T-shirt with "TCHS Band" on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites I-95 Capitol Beltway-Largo, conveniently located near Washington, DC, Baltimore, Maryland, and Annapolis, Maryland. The Holiday Inn Express hotel in Largo features free shuttle service (limited hours) to the Largo Town Center, Metro Station, area businesses, shopping and restaurants. Guests will enjoy our complimentary hot Express Start breakfast bar.When it s time to get connected we know what you need - high-speed Internet, cable, sports and movie channels. And when you need to burn some energy our fully equipped fitness center or indoor heated pool will help melt your stress away.This beautiful hotel in Largo, Maryland is located minutes away from FedEx Field, home of the Washington Redskins; and is convenient to the University of Maryland, Six Flags Great America, Show Place Arena and Prince George s Equestrian Center, and the Prince George s County Sports & Learning Complex. Nearby corporate and government offices include: Verizon, Aetna, Harris Corporation, NASA, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, USDA, FUJI, Raytheon, Andrews Air Force Base, CSC, Prince George s County offices, and the IRS Training Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express i-95 Beltway-Largo Hotel Largo
- Holiday Inn Express Largo
- Holiday Inn Largo
- Largo Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo North America - MD