“Friendly Staff, Good for familis with children, but...”

Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Columbus, Ohio
“Friendly Staff, Good for familis with children, but...”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We chose this hotel for our 2nd trip to DC area during the kids' spring break. Overall, we had a great experience. Hotel staff were ALL very friendly and courteous. Very welcoming.

The only disappointment was caused by another group of guests whose stay there happened to overlap with ours.

There were a few dozens of rowdy teenagers storming the rather small pool one night all at the same time, and decided to behave in a way that was not very considerate for people who are not part of their group. They threw each other into the pool without any regards for other swimmers already in the water, rough playing and screaming despite the presense of other guests with elementary school age children. But most appallingly, the two female chaperones who showed up after most of the teenagers gathered (all together around 30 or so) had said NOTHING to calm down the teens. Not even "Be considerate!" The two adults just seemed very happy to see them having fun, and took the group picture for the teens, then proceeded to join them in the jacuzzi which was already over-crowded by 20 or so of teens. There was also a male chaperone/teacher came to check on the teens, but he was also only interested in finding his "kids" having a good time. And, of course, he did not say anything when he saw the extremely over-crowded pool & jacuzzi with rowdy cheer from them.

When I asked the name of the school and where they are from, the night shift of the front desk did not give out the information. I wish I could report the incompetencies of the chaperones to the school they came from, but since I didn't get the info, instead of writing to the school officials, I am posting this review on this spot.

Retrospectively, the banging noise that went on after 10PM through wee hours must have been those teenagers as well --> walls and ceilings are bit on the thin side...

I believe the teenagers stayed at this hotel 2 nights from 3/27/2012 and left in the morning of 3/29/2012. One of the teens had a T-shirt with "TCHS Band" on it.

1 Thank missedcherryblossoms
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, 3 April 2012
Dear missedcherryblossoms,

Thank you for your review and valued comments. I have shared with my entire staff your kind words of appreciation and your experience.

Regarding your experience with the group I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We had a security guard who was dedicated exclusively for the group. As per my knowledge after he arrived at 11:00 pm and the tour director was notified twice things were brought under control. In addition I have also shared our and my guests’ experience with the tour operator such that the school can be notified.

Once again thank you for taking the time to review. We hope to see you and serve you in the future.

Very Respectfully,

Shailesh (Steve) Nagar
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My family and I stayed at the hotel. Our room was on the 4th floor. Quiet beyond anything. I couldn't believe it. There were several groups of students there never heard a sound. No sounds from outside. THe room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent. We took the shuttle to restaurants at night. There were several to pick from. It was wonderful to use it to and from the Metro station everyday. There was no restaurant or bar, so we went to the Radisson next door for the bar late at night. The hotel had 2 queens which was very had to find in DC. We had a wonderful time. We were so busy touring downtown we couldn't use the pool unfortunately, but the book on the desk told exactly when it was open. Diane

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor. Vending and ice machines were right there off the elevators. The rooms wer...
1 Thank HistoryBuffforDC
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Diane,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with the whole world. It is really rewarding when guest has a great experience while away from home. I am very proud of each and every team member who makes our guests stay a memorable one. I myself personally prefer staying away from the city while travelling as the place is quiet away from hustle bustle, people are more happier and the bottom line bank account is happy :-)

We take pride in our breakfast, we have got some great accolades from guests who travel 50 weeks a year and stay at our Holiday Inn Express Brand's. They have acknowledged and commended about our breakfast selection and quality that we offer on the buffet.

Once again we truly appreciate you taking the time to take the survey. THANK YOU. We hope to see you next time when you are in town.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 19 March 2012

We paid about $150/night for 2 queen beds, in a large room.

THE GOOD
Just a few mins drive to the metro station, shopping nearby, free parking, free breakfast [but nothing great], free wifi, safe area.

THE BAD
not walkable to anything, the pool was a joke

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear birdynumnum43214,

Thank you very much for your feedback which I personally believe is a backbone of service industry. This enables us to recognize our staff along with a room to improve and grow. I am really delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Due to a newer construction our hotel rooms are larger than the other hotels in the market. Some of our guests are taken by surprise when they look at the building from outside but learn that we only have 89 rooms in the building.

I understand we are tucked in an office park area which is not within the walking distance to an eating place, however, the good is that we are much quieter in terms of hustle and bustle and also we offer complementary shuttle to the area restaurants throughout the entire day - all days of the week.

Due to insurance liability and costs our pool is 3’ to 5’ deep. I sincerely apologize for your disappointment.

Once again I thank you for your time taking the feedback.
Virginia
Reviewed 23 December 2011

Overall a very good hotel. Breakfast was excellent. Wireless was very fast and easy to connect to. The shuttle to within walking distance to Fedex Field was great. Staff was attentive and room was very clean. Noise: walls are a little thin as we heard quite a bit of noise/doors closing until late. Orice- a little high for the area but not ridiculous. Bed: this is the only negative. Definitely one of the lower quality beds I've slept on in a Holiday Inn. But I usually don't sleep that good in hotel since we have a pedic mattress. Overall a nice hotel with attentive staff and a good breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011
Bel Air, Maryland
Reviewed 29 November 2011

From arrival to departure, the service received was beyond my expectation. The staff could not have been more accommodating in meeting our needs; this made our stay very pleasant. I assisted my friend in planning her only daughters wedding so stress high for her in making the experience for their guest memorable and comfortable.

If all hotels could be this comfortable and accommodating, the industry will have a better standing, Kudos to the entire team, but with supervision of Shailesh (Steve) Nagar, General Manager of the property it is understandable. He is truly a role model for his team. I would not hesitate to stay at this property again and recommend it to everyone.

Thank you!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
Dear travelingsuzanne,

Thank you very much for your review. All of us here really appreciate the very detailed and honest assessment of The Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo. I can't say enough times in a forum such as this that we are who we are and we do have a goal. Our goal is just to do our best and hope it pleases the majority of our guests. I sincerely hope you come back again. It was a pleasure to have you and your family here and I thank you again for taking the time to write.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
0.2 km away
#2 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
2.8 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
2.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK