All reviews pancake machine yogurt check in was fast and easy amish market signs of wear front desk staff pros and cons room was clean and comfortable microwave and fridge basic hotel shopping and restaurants stayed here for two nights fresh towels would highly recommend this hotel hot breakfast late check checking out
Reviewed 2 July 2018

I gave this hotel 3 stars because it has pros and cons that balance each other out:

Cons: By far the biggest negative is if you get a room on the side of the hotel facing York road, you will be awake at 5 am listening to traffic noise. It's incredibly loud and the rooms do not have double pane windows. Other cons: Many Holoday Inn Express hotels I have stayed at in recent years have been completely renovated - this one has not been, leading to a rather depressing lobby/elevators. The room itself is OK. Finally, Hunt Valley is pretty far out - 30 minutes or more form downtown Baltimore; 15 from Towson.

PRos: Front desk staff was professional and friendly. After the first night I asked to be moved to the back of the hotel due to noise. They gladly obliged and did not make an issue of it. I suspect they have had this complaint before but I still appreciated the ease with which it was handled. I slept very well on the backside of the hotel - beds were comfortable and it was quiet. Other pros: Bath & Body works toiletries - nice to have shampoo/conditioner/lotion that you actually want to use. Keurig machine in room. Rooms of adequate size and cleanliness. Nothing fancy, but for less than $100/night not bad.

Overall, I may not stay here again, but mostly because when I come to Baltimore I spend most of my time in Towson/Inner Harbor and this hotel is too far away. If you have business in HUnt Valley and want an adequate, affordable option, consider staying here - but be sure to request a room away from the street.

Room Tip: side away from street
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank eburke92
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Front desk staff friendly and helpful. Mostly the bathroom and bedroom seemed clean. We had a room with a king bed for the parents and a sleep sofa for the kid. The sleep sofa opened with the foot edge of mattress against the right side of the king bed so there wasn't a way out on the right side of the bed. The mattress pad on the sleep sofa was DIRTY and stained. We couldn't get it to fold back up in the mourning. Tape on the upholstery of the sleeper made it look like a thrift store find. LOUD - Dogs barked for hours in the evening and morning. It sounded like a kennel. There is also odd undone look everywhere. Switch plates missing, lack of lighting by elevator, are examples. Maybe a remodel/refurbish or repairs/construction left unfinished or ill conceived.
Breakfast was nice. Staff fine. The price was discounted and located were we needed to visit family.

Room Tip: beware of dogs
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank W7900BFdawnc
Reviewed 16 May 2018

We stayed here for two nights over a regular weekend. The staff is courteous and friendly. Neither of the days we woke up early enough to have the breakfast so not sure how good (or bad) that is. The room was clean, although there is visible wear and tear. The TV console had a broken plank. Again didn't bother us so we didn't report it.
The road traffic is audible. I was woken up by the garbage truck. But didn't bother me much. If you prefer it quieter ask for rooms not facing the road, on the south end.
The lady who checked us in (night staff) was new and thus double charged our credit card. This issue got resolved though, but required to be addressed. Good that we checked the charge posting.
Overall it was a nice stay. Would definitely consider this option for stay when in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: You would definitely hear the traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 January 2018

I would highly recommend this hotel. Our room and bathroom were both really clean and the bed was so comfortable that we overslept. The staff were friendly and professional, check-in and check-out was a breeze. The location is also great, there is a lot of good restaurants in the area. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2017

Came here during a very busy weekend. Despite having so many people in the hotel, the staff did a great job in making sure all our needs were taken care of. We had a minor plumbing issue and it was taken care of immediately. The only negative I had was that the bathrooms were some what small, but with a family of four we were able to make do. The breakfast was really good as well.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family