“Affordable and nice!”

Super 8 Havre De Grace Aberdeen Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Havre de Grace
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I was just passing through on a road trip when I decided to stop for the night and chose this hotel for it low pricing .... I didn't expect the degree of quality for the price I was paying .... A very pleasant surprise indeed!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

Wow, where to begin? Did not expect much from a Super 8, was short on choices so my wife and I pretty much had to stay here. First the good, front desk girl was very nice. Next, the bad : Horrible smell in the room, I mean absolutely disgusting, can't even begin to describe it as I've never smelled something like it before. Maybe rotten wet dead animal is the closest to what I can think of. Next, the room was absolutely filthy. The carpet had food crumbs all over it and was sticky. Under the mattress, more food crumbs (I check the mattress for bed bugs). Stains on the sheets although they smelled like they were recently washed. There were also liquid splatter marks on the tables and furniture as if someone sprayed soda or some other sticky carbonated beverage all over the room. It was old and dried so it's obvious the furniture is not cleaned either. There was no toilet paper on the roll in the bathroom.

I knew from a previous stay at a Super 8 what might be in store for me but this rivaled even my other stay at a Super 8 which will definitely be my last if I have any choice in the matter.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Randy M
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night just for the convenient location to a wedding reception. The first thing we both noticed when we opened the door to our first floor room was that it smelled OVERPOWERINGLY of URINE. It was worst in the bathroom, but it permeated the entire room. We didn't notice any real issues with dirt or the room being unclean, but the smell was really unfortunate. We were also right next to the lobby, and the front door makes a very loud chime noise every time someone comes in. And you HAVE to enter through that door. There is no key-card door that allows silent entry by guests. So we could hear the chiming every time someone came in, even late into the night. Bed was decently comfortable, pillows felt like 500 cotton balls just wedged into a pillowcase. Obviously we'd never stay here again, and only stayed here in the first place because of proximity to our event location. Have stayed much nicer places for less money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2011

Driving north through DE on way home to CT I decided to detour overnight for a round of golf at Bulle Rock. Tee time was early morning and I wanted to stay close to course. Not many options unless I drove further west to Rt 95. I called Super 8 to ask whether I could be assured a non-smoking room - and was told that the 3rd floor was completely non-smoking (the 1st mostly smoking!). Arriving late, too late to look for another hotel, I discovered that my 3rd floor room reeked of urine -- and no other rooms were available. I can't say whether this room was typical, but it was the kind of room that gives me the heebie jeebies... I didn't want to touch a thing let alone lie down on the bed. I finally stripped the bed and used only the sheet, and even this was a mistake because I couldn't sleep a wink. I would have been better off sleeping in my car -- and if I ever find myself in a room like this again, I will know to immediately walk out. Kick me! I actually paid for this.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank carencn
Reviewed 26 April 2011

We were planning to visit DC and stayed at this hotel as a emergency stop due to heavy rain and weather stopping is from going on. First impressions count and the carpark was well lit, easy to find and the fact that i was checked in within no time and in the room helped. The room on the 3rd floor was perfect. clean and no smoke smell. Aircon worked perfectly too. Bathroom clen and towels a plenty.
Heard a train whistle from time to time but did not affect my sleep. Road noise marginal and not bothersome to me or my wife. We stayed here on a Saturday and Sunday and had no issues with other travellers childeren or similar unwantednoise at night.

The service was perfect as i managed to leave a prized pair of trousers not only did they make sure it was sent to me at the other address I was staying at but phoned back as promised and made sure I knew how much the COD charge was by USPS.

Second night was on second floor and the same as above and perfect for arriving at late using it as a bed and leaving to your next destination.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
15.7 km away
#2 of 4 in North East
7.7 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Aberdeen-APG

Been to Super 8 Havre De Grace Aberdeen Area? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK