“Wonderful stay!”

Vandiver Inn
Newark, Delaware
“Wonderful stay!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I got married here in 2011 which was wonderful. We decided to go back to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. The experience was a little different than our wedding stay (since all of the rooms in the inn were not full of our family!) but it was extremely enjoyable.

Our room was clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was super comfortable, and the fireplace was perfect on a chilly spring evening.
We had a cheese and wine combo ready for us upon arrival, but we delayed taking it until later in the evening. Our dinner out ran late, but the staff was happy to bring it up to us at 10:30 in the evening.

Breakfast was delicious as always, and the staff recognized us from our wedding! It was a wonderful experience that we plan to repeat in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Huntingtown
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I recently stayed in the Miegs suite while attending the Johns Hopkins retreat. The grounds and accomodiatons, convientley located a short walk from the Susquehanna river, were beautifully kept and charming. The amenities, food and staff were GREAT! I left there more rested and relaxed than I have been in a very long time. Thank you to the Inn keepers and staff at VanDiver Inn for your hospitality! I truly enjoyed my stay and hope to rerturn with my husband for a lovely romantic retreat at the Vandiver Inn!
Kathy O,
Huntingtown MD

Room Tip: Check out the photos on their website
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Can't say enough about how individualized our stay was with John and Susan. My colleagues and I went there for an after-holiday gathering. Food - Spectacular, Lodging - Super Comfy, Personal Attention - Priceless! Thank you for everything. I'll be back for your Supper Club!

Room Tip: The Fairview, which is accessible through a covered porch, was quiet. I was worried that it would no...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Linthicum, MD
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We held our daughter's wedding reception here in October. Family members and the wedding party stayed here for two nights before and after the wedding. We had a very spacious room with a king-sized bed and a whirlpool tub. Just what the parents of the bride needed to relax! The mansion where breakfast is served is so cozy and comfortable, with copper tables and stained glass windows. The breakfast features baked goods, fruit, and cereal, as well as a hot meal made to order. The grounds are beautiful and provide many great photo opportunities.The wedding reception went off without a single problem. From the moment Chasi arrives on the wedding day, it seems as though the bride's every need is anticipated. My daughter said that everything was just as she had imagined it. We had many compliments on the reception, including a few who said it was the best food that they had ever had at a wedding reception. Thank you John, Susan, and Chasi for a weekend that we will never forget!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JonesieLinthicum
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My Husband and I got Married here in 2008 and I couldn't rave enough about the place, we've dropped in for dinners, ect, since then and are always totally satisfied. Right before this past Christmas we booked a room overnight with them just as a little getaway for ourselves, It was such a nice relaxing time. John and Susan are the owners and are some of the nicest B&B owners I've ever met, and all of their staff is friendly, helpful, and always smiling. They offer a full breakfast in the mornings which is to die for, so be sure to make it to the dining room for that in the morning. The room we stayed in had a cozy fireplace that we lit for the evening and the room was very clean. Our whole stay made us feel right at home! Havre de Grace in general was a wonderful place to visit around the holidays. The streets had lights up and so many of the homes are beautifully decorated. While you stay be sure to walk around town and visit the local shops and there are a bunch of great resturants within walking distance. This past time we had dinner at Tidewater Grill, and it was our favorite place to eat in town so far. It's right on the water with great food! Vandiver Inn should be a MUST GO on your list if you plan on visiting the Havre de Grace area, you won't be let down! We look foward to going back to stay with them again in the future.

Room Tip: We like staying in the Vandiver Suite but all the rooms are great!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Havre de Grace
8.4 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
15.6 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)
8.6 km away
9.7 km away
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen
8.4 km away
Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium

Been to Vandiver Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK