“Fabulous hotel!”

Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Pittsburgh, PA
“Fabulous hotel!”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Very clean. Staff was outstanding. We booked a 2 bedroom suite and the accommodations were very comfortable and affordable. Restaurants within walking distance and tons more nearby. Hotel is near the mall and a short drive to downtown Hagerstown. Breakfast included which was delicious. I don't have a single complaint!

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank HappyWanderer21
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
suffield
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Andrew Andrew Andrew what more can I say. We called from the road and Andrew answered. What a wonderful greeting. He was so nice and helpful.What a nice young man he certainly is a huge asset to the hotel. We were 2 hrs away and the wife asked Andrew can you hold a room for us and he said I already have. When we arrived Andrew had the keys waiting and we were in our Immaculate room within 5 minutes. We always have good luck at the Home wood suites but his one was 5 star all the way. The hospitality at the evening wine and meal service was very nice as usual. The breakfast the next morning was also beyond any one's expectations. We travel back and forth to Florida all winter and this will be our permanent stop. This review is being written by a person who is very fussy when it comes to staying in hotels. Do yourself a favor and don't go anywhere else in Hagerstown, it is the best. Thanks again Andrew for a wonderful stay. We will see you again soon.

Room Tip: Ask for Andrew.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Maiden, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Having stayed at Homewood Suites in Hagerstown before with my husband, I couldn't say enough good things about it. The hotel then was pretty new and it was spotless, we loved it. This trip, on March 31, I was with my dad and it required a king bed with sofa bed since they were running full. I haven't tried their sofa beds before. Hoooo, boy. When I pulled it open I thought the top mattress was missing because all there was, was something similar to a thin box spring with a thin mattress pad over it. I literally felt like I was laying on a box spring, there was no padding. I called the front desk, and Andrew was there in a minute. He was a dear man, polite and accommodating and exactly the kind of person we all hope will be overseeing our experience. Andrew literally tested out the sofabed and agreed that it was not going to be comfortable for me. Without hesitation, he asked if we would be more comfortable in a 2 bedroom suite very close by, and he offered to comp the rate difference for the night. What a relief that was to my 91 year old father and this 61 year old woman who sorely needed a good bed after a 7 hour drive. We each ended up with our own bedroom, our own TV's, and two huge beautiful bathrooms. Andrew, I blessed you a hundred times for your professionalism and understanding. Had a great sleep and a great breakfast the next morning. Did have one minor irritation about the pool area, which I guess is just bad timing on my part.....aside from the chlorine in the air burning my eyes and nose as soon as I entered the pool room, there were a lot of kids in the pool (I'd say about 10), jumping and whooping it up. Sound really echoes in there, and after about 5 minutes in the jacuzzi (because they were splashing like mad in the pool), I gave up and went back to my room. Kids will be kids, they were having fun, but there was just no way an older person could relax in there. Like I said, bad timing for me.

As it turns out, we have a reservation next Saturday night for out return trip. I'm a little apprehensive because I know that this sofa bed this will rear its ugly head and I don't know what to do about it. Hopefully a room with 2 beds will open up 'cuz there's no way I can sleep on it.

It's a great bunch who work there, polite and welcoming, and housekeeping is excellent.

Room Tip: don't count on using that sofa bed, it's really the worst I've ever seen, and I managed...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Kaladar
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from Florida for one night. It is very accessible off of I-81.The hotel was very clean and the room was big and comfortable. They offered a free hot buffet breakfast in the morning which was good. The staff were very friendly and helpful, considering that we left behind a gift and had to call the hotel and ask if they would have it delivered to us. They gladly took care of it and it arrived packaged very well and undamaged. My daughter was very grateful. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Marshall C B
Bennington, New Hampshire
Reviewed 6 April 2012

This is by far one of the best Hilton properties we have stayed in--absolutely perfect. The rooms are spectacular and the staff couldn't have been nicer.
This is one outstanding property and I HIGHLY recommend it to any travellers going to Hagerstown.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a 1 king/2 queen bedroom suite. Wonderful!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple