“Great weekend escape!”

SpringHill Suites Hagerstown
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We took our grandsons to Hagerstown to see a Cowboy Christmas at the Antietum Rec Center and we spent the night at the Springhill Suites. The boys enjoyed swimming in the indoor pool before the show. Our room was large enough to accomodate Grandma & Grandpa and 3 young boys. The boys loved fixing breakfast in the morning at the breakfast buffet. Great weekend. The boys are already making plans for next year!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SilverCrester
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 14 November 2011

We come to Hagerstown MD once or twice a year for the big races at Hagerstown Speedway. We've stayed at approximately 7-8 other hotels and this by far was the nicest yet ! We'll not have to decide in the future where to stay. We arrived at 11:30 am on Saturday morning to start our 3 day stay in Hagerstown and our room was ready (granted, we requested an early check in, but rarely our these requests honored). We were suprised at the size, cleanliness and "newness" of the room and of the entire hotel ! Every employee, bar none could not have been more friendly ! The hotel is located right next door to the Valley Mall and many eating establishments. Actually looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomMcMenamin
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We had a nice stay at this hotel. Check-in was good; the room was very clean and spacious; the breakfast buffet was good, although crowded at times but since we weren't in a hurry, all was fine. The location was great - close to the mall and lots of dining places. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank va2pa2001
Reviewed 30 October 2011

We stopped here for 1 night on our way home from Tennesse. Pamela who was working the front desk did not even greet us with a smile. After we checked in to our suite we realized the room was not as clean as expected. There were quite a few small things that added up but the biggest issue was the smell. We went back to the desk and told Pamela of the issues. She said housekeeping was gone for the night. We asked for another room and she said they were sold out. I then used their business center to check their availability for the night on the Marriott website and it said they had a room available so I called the hotel directly. Pamela answered the phone and when I asked if they had a room for the night she told me they did and it would be $139. Not only did the room not meet our expectations but I had ben lied to and felt completely disrepected. I cannot believe a chain like Marriott would have such service. In the morning we asked to speak to the manager who wasn't going to be there for at least an hour. As we needed to get on the road I explained my story to the front desk agent who said she would have her manager call when he got in. At 200PM I finally decided to call him since he hadn't called me. He said that he needed to speak to Pamela first. He finally called me back later. During our conversation he made me feel like I was bothering him and causing him issues. This was the first time we have stayed at a Springhill Suites and it will be our last.I will take my business to a facility that appreciates it and treats me with respect!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank scorpiowis
Reviewed 8 October 2011

This was the smallest room we encountered on a very long trip. This may have a sofabed but don't let the word "suite" fool you. It was difficult to even walk around the beds. Breakfast was so-so. We found dried raisins and other trash on our carpet. I took it down to the desk in the morning and did not even receive an apology. Adding insult to injury, the hotel charged us twice and it took some effort to get it corrected. We would not stay here again. This was our first Springhill Suites experience so therefore will be our last. Just would not take the chance again as this was not a cheap room. Quite a bit of highway noise also.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family