“Yummy seafood!”

Fireside Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #44 of 296 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the Ramada Plaza Hotel at the same address. 301-733-4800
Reviewed 16 October 2018

We saw their sign from our room at Holiday Inn Express and debated whether we would go to one of the two chains within walking distance or try something new. After reviewing the menus online we decided to try the Fireside and were not disappointed. We sat in the lounge which was a bit dreary and the only reason why we didn't rate our experience a 5. However our server Renee deserves a 5+ for her friendliness and honesty! The salad bar was excellent, very fresh with a variety of choices including soup. My crab cake was delicious, among the best I have ever had, not loaded up with too many breadcrumbs--the star was the delicious and plentiful crab. My husband chose the stuffed flounder and loved it. Both meals were accompanied by mashed red potatoes and sauteed zucchini and summer squash, both delicious. Definitely plan on returning next year on our fall migration!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

I stay at the Ramada regularly, this restaurant is attached, so I eat here weekly. Never had a bad meal, always excellent. Mixed crowd from blue collar to businessman to dressed up. They have a full menu with specialties and salad / soup bar.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 3 July 2018

I stayed at the Ramada Plaza and Fireside is located in the lobby so it was very convenient. I can't say I'd ever eat there again. I sat at the bar and it took some time before anyone appeared to great me or ask if I wanted a drink. The restaurant was pretty much empty, but it was a Monday night. I ordered a cosmo on the light pink side. Mediocre at best. I doubt the bartender is a trained bartender, but probably a waitress that doubles as a bartender on the more quiet nights. Also, the glass it came in had a chipped in it and I pointed it out. Rather than remaking my drink, she offered up a new unchipped glass to pour the drink into. What if the chip had occurred during serving and the piece of glass was in the drink??? I ordered broiled scallops. I opted for a double serving of vegetables (no starch) and the salad bar came with my meal. The salad bar was pretty good...a bit limited on veggie selections, but not a bad salad bar. I was very disappointed with the broiled scallops. The were served in a VERY buttery sauce that seemed to defeat the purpose of having them broiled. The double serving of vegetables was VERY small. I'd hate to see what a single serving looked like. Since I wasn't in love with the cosmo I decided to try a slightly dirty martini. Oye! I don't know how the "bartender" made it, but it was terrible. It was VERY oily! I didn't drink it. Also, the prices are quite. You do get 15% off on food if you're staying at the hotel. There are lots of other dining options (mostly chains) within walking distance...on my next stay I'd definitely try one of those instead.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 30 June 2018

My husband and I were staying at the Ramada Plaza in Hagerstown, as we have done many times in the past, and chose to have dinner in this adjacent restaurant. We had had a perfectly miserable day of travel up from Virginia, dealing with torrential rain, fog, and traffic. By the time we got to Hagerstown, we were exhausted and our nerves were frayed. The restaurant was crowded due to construction and short staffing. Fortunately we decided to eat in the bar and came across Brandi, the most wonderful server! Brandi was upbeat, welcoming and infinitely patient. She was slammed herself, but she took the time to discuss wines with us, as well as the menu. She managed to keep everyone in the bar area well served with timeliness and good humor. We are retired and spend many weeks a year traveling and eating in restaurants. Brandi was a server who made a tremendous impression on us and who we will remember for a long time with smiles and gratitude.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 16 May 2018

very expensive for the quality and quantity of food they serve. if youre looking for a good meal dont waste your money here

Date of visit: April 2018