“Great seafood place tucked away in Hagerstown”
Review of Chic's Seafood

Chic's Seafood
Ranked #52 of 287 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: (301) 739-8220
Description: (301) 739-8220
Reviewed 16 April 2017

We were in Hagerstown and looked at Trip Advisor to see if there was anything that caught our eye. My wife wanted sea food and the filter showed Red Lobster (Yuck) as No.1 and Chick's as No.2 we choose Chick's. The neighborhood is a bit rough, a lot of Hagerstown is unfortunately, bad times have been with it for a long time but we never felt unsafe. Chick's is an older building, apparently it was a gas station at one point but it is well kept and the fact that it is dated adds to the atmosphere. The Waitress was very pleasant, service was prompt and prices were very good. We both started with cream of crab soup. It came out with big lumps in it which at first I thought might be potatoes, I was wrong it was large, very large lumps of crab meat. It think the meat made up 50% of the soup. Thick and creamy as it should be, what a nice start. I had a half dozen oysters next. Well presented and shucked correctly no complaints. For the main course I had flounder stuffed with crab. Plenty of fish and plenty of crab, cooked nicely. The side dishes of fries and coleslaw were also great. My wife got snow crab legs, they were done perfect no complaints. For all of this food and two beers the total bill before tip was $69. That was a deal anyway you look at it. When we get into Hagerstown again Chic's will be on the list.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

My wife and 2 teenage daughters serendipitously saw Chics while enjoying City Park. Not a large place and you seat yourself. It is what you expect the inside to be, but it did not wreak like other seafood places do. We liked it because there was no music blasting, no TVS blarring, and we just enjoyed each other as a family. We had whole lobster with imperial crab, snow crab clusters, king crab legs and mussels. All of it was fantastic and suprisingly, reasonably priced. Finished with some of the best dessert any of us had. Cheesecake was awesome. Waiter kept coming back and checking on us and he seemed to enjoy his job and in tune with the food on the menu. It was just a pleasant and fulfilling experience.

1  Thank DeLaunde
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Love Chic's seafood. Prices are reasonable, food is cooked well and great service. I stop in every time I come visit family in the area.

Reviewed 27 September 2016

I hesitated to go to this place, but my Mother in law, who grew up in Hagerstown, insisted it would be gone. She's 82 and undoubtedly has some good memories of Chic's, but that was then and this is now. We arrived just before 8PM as we had been touring Antietam for most of day. Their hours were posted as closing at 9PM. The place was completely empty which is usually a strong sign to leave, but Mom assured me we were late for the locals and we had to try it. No one greeted us and I was sure they were closed as I heard pots and pans rattling in a back room. I yelled out and a lady came forward and assured us they were open. We sat down and she immediately started to tell us how many things on the menu that would not be available because they had already started cleaning up the fryer and they didn't want to heat it again. I wanted to leave but for Mom we stayed. We ordered oysters on the half shell to start. They were bone, bone dry. No juice at all in the shells. In fact they were not even attached to the shells, but just laid in there. We ate them anyway. I ordered a shrimp dish and Mom had the crab cakes. We ordered some hush puppies to accompany our meal. My shrimp were grossly overcooked and very chewy. Mom stated her crab cakes were just okay. We had to ask for the hushpuppies three times before they were brought to the table. We were mostly finished by then. I don't doubt that this was once a premier place for seafood in Hagerstown. No more. At least not at 8PM.

Reviewed 8 September 2016

Waitress was very attentive, food came out quickly, and the food was great. I had the hardshell crabs and my wife had the sea scallops. Crabs were medium blue shell, but were actually a good size, and the sea scallops were large, tender and sweet.

Been to Chic's Seafood? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK