“Horrible customer service”

Fuji Chinese Cuisine & Sushi
Ranked #42 of 287 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Only recently opened, maybe within the last 18 months.
Reviewed 7 November 2016

I had ordered online from them three times, and actually enjoyed the food. The quality is good, and as long as you hit the lunch special, the price is okay, but outside of that timeframe, it is terribly overpriced. However, upon trying to place my order recently, it never came. When I called to get more information I was told that 'they don't deliver to my address". This is scurrilously false, as I had received delivery here before. When I mentioned this, they said that 'maybe if I placed a larger order, they would deliver to me'. Now this was just downright rude, if I'm being gentle. Honestly. it was the least respectful thing someone in the service industry has ever done to me, and I will never order from them again if that's their attitude. Downright unacceptable.

1  Thank quigonjared

Reviewed 16 September 2016

Went to Fuji Chinese for lunch with a friend. We were seated promptly but waited quite a long time before our order was taken. It appears the preference is given to walk in carry out orders and phone orders before the people who are sitting at the tables in the restaurant. Right before we were ready to walk out, they came and took our order. We waited awhile for the food and then the entree my friend ordered was brought out and we were told the rice would be out shortly. It was more than shortly. Then they brought her rice out. My entree did not arrive until my friend had eaten half of hers. The food itself was very good. However, they need to improve their service. I think we would have gotten better service if we had called our order in.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

When Fuji opened we failed to notice because several of our favorites are in the same area. However, we decided to try it as we haven't found any Japanese or Chinese in Hagerstown that we liked. Boy, what a surprise. Their Bento Box is excellent, sushi is fresh and delicious, Miso soup hot with cubes of tofu and fresh onion, and that's just the Japanese. The Chinese Orange Beef, my favorite, and the way I judge a Chinese restaurant. Theirs is excellent. Five stars all by itself. We have been back many times now. Carry out sushi and miso soup at least twice a month. Shrimp tempura is fab. The pearl drinks are fun too. This is my "go to place" when I'm too tired to cook, or not feeling up to par, I hit the Miso Soup and I'm go to go. Love this place. Try it and you too will love it.

1  Thank Toni L
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

I've been looking for a good local place with 珍珠 (tapioca pearls) and finally found it today. We had passion fruit and strawberry smoothies with the pearls and they were delicious! We had sushi, coconut shrimp, and curry too. Huge variety to choose from, quick service, and good food. It's hours later and I'm still feeling full!

Reviewed 17 February 2016

It is a very decent place for delivered food. There aren't many options for delivery around town, so if you want something other than your regular pizza, then give this place a shot! Very respectable Chinese, Indian and Thai dishes.

Prefer to go with chicken rather than other meats.