“It’s been a while.”

Ranked #6 of 14 Quick Bites in Hagerstown
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 25 May 2018

We used to live in Roy Rogers territory, so I was happy to see one available near our hotel. I don’t remember breakfast oh so many years ago, so that came as a nice surprise for two reasons, one, it was the meal we were looking for, and, two, they offercreamed chipped beef, a food item I had found myself wishing for recently, lol, seriously! Anyway, four star because I’m not sure fast food restaurants deserve five...seriously.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Roy’s has the best breakfast sandwiches. I love the ham, egg and cheese sourdough sandwich and their home fires are fantastic. The fixin bar is filled for breakfast so you can doctor up as you prefer. They will also provide it in cups at the drive-thru.
The price is good for what it is, however, they recently reduced the size of the sourdough toast.

A special note about this location that may be off-putting to some. They obviously pride themselves with working with the handicapped and mentally challenged as they have two employees with rather severe speech impediments making it difficult to fully understand at the drive-thru without 100% of your attention. They also work with the school system so you will see similar people washing tables and clearing trays.

It has no bearing on me continuing to patronize the establishment but i know how some people can be and would hate to see one of them belittled at the drive-thru or counter as that would not be acceptable. So, if your tolerance of other’s situations is low, do us all a favor and chose a different place!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Stopped in with family to split a combo meal for lunch to hold us over until dinner. Service was good. They were busy. We tried the large roast beef combo with no salt fries and a drink. We asked for well done roast beef and it was done correctly. We received lots of beef. It was delicious. The fries were hot and flavorful as well. They have to cook them to order if you ask for no salt. They have a small fixings bar with toppings and sauces. Everything was very good. Minor complaints was that they were low on ice in the soda machine and out of unsweet tea. I like to mix both teas together. Overall a very good experience.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Always eat here on vacation they have good roast beef sandwiches here and friendly service Wish we had this restaurant in the midwest though

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 5 August 2017

It's been years since my favorite fast food restaurant, Roy Rogers, operated on Long Island. So, after travelling to North Carolina, I decided to change my route on the way back to NY to indulge myself. The chicken and roast beef were as I remembered - GREAT! The chicken was crisp, moist and flavorful. Roy's also has the best biscuits of any fast food restaurant. As a final treat, I took an eight piece box home to have for dinner the next night. The staff at the location were friendly and helpful. Why Roy Rogers doesn't come back to LI has been a mystery for the ages.

Date of visit: July 2017