“Good food and good folks”
Review of Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
Ranked #1 of 14 Quick Bites in Hagerstown
Reviewed 21 April 2017

Went there for the first time the other day while out shopping because I had heard it was good. They introduced me to how the place worked and made me feel welcomed even though I was dining alone. I told them I was dieting and had to watch my portion sizes so they even suggested that I get the kids meal which is basically a slider with one side instead of two. It was plenty as the brisket was coming out of the roll. They had 6 sauces at each table to try. They also honor the military, veterans and police. When I first went in there was a WW II veteran dining. They took the time to recognize him by asking for everyone's attention and told about his service to the country. That really made that Elderly mans day. Then everyone applauded him and various staff members came up afterwards and each spoke with him and thanked him for his service. Also several of the customers did as well. There was actually a line at one point waiting to talk to him. The staff went around and talked to the customers and asked how there lunch was and explained the sauces. As I was finishing up, someone came and offered to take my tray for me even though it was like a fast food place. The brisket sandwich was very good and the green beans with ham was excellent. They offer pork ribs, pork bbq and brisket and lots of sides, baked beans, coleslaw, fries. Lots of selection but the best part was their customer service which could not have been any better. They also have tables outside if you wish to utilize.

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

The food here was very good. Loved all the different BBQ sauce options. We went on a Saturday and they were busy. Waiting on food doesn't take long though. There were no seats inside but there were a few tables outside on the patio. The kids enjoyed their food and we loved ours too. We will be back for sure! The decor is cool and my sons especially loved the tool box where the condiments are kept.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 15 April 2017

If you are in the mood for authentic BBQ, this is the place to go. It also inspires patriotism with their military decor and the rousing rendition of the Star Spangled Banner EVERY day at noon. The pulled pork is an all-time favorite, but the brisket, turkey, and chicken are also top-notch. The sides are also made in house and it shows in the taste and quality. The cheesy potatoes are a seasonal item and the day we visited, it was the last day they were being served. Heather, the awesome manager, was quick to let us have a taste for future reference. They will be replaced by homemade potatoe salad. I cannot wait to go back and try EVERYTHING else!!

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Have come to mission about 20 times and never any problems. It's the best BBQ place in the area. My wife loves the sauces. You get a gigantic portion for a great price. The fries and mac and cheese are spot on.

Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

We visited Mission BBQ last evening based on reviews. Google or Yelp rated it as the #1 favorite place to eat in Hagerstown. Although the cashiers are teenage/college age girls and are very friendly, when I went through the order process I felt like I was in an interrogation. They have ask at least 10 questions after you give the order. Then the condiments for drinks are hidden away in a tool box (literally a craftsman) that is the most inconvenient distribution method I have ever seen. If 3 people are standing there to get a lid, a straw or some sweetener - they can't get it simultaneously, but have to wait a turn to open a drawer to fumble though and find what they need. There was mass chaos at "the tool box." But these are small complaints. My major complaint was I ordered the Black Plate Special - BBQ Salmon. The picture on the menu looked delicious but it was false advertising. The size of the salmon was extremely small not as presented in the menu ( 1/4th size as presented). They put it on a huge black plastic plate that makes the order look even smaller. Then the salmon was tough and dry. Undoubtedly frozen then thawed then warmed up and coated with BBQ SAUCE. It looked like something a Healthy Choice frozen dinner. I spent $13 on a meal that didn't fill me and tasted awful and I didn't eat. I finally went back and ordered a chipped brisket sandwich and ate that - and it was delicious! I highly recommend the brisket and pulled pork - but avoid their specials. I spent $25 at Mission BBQ on my meal alone - $13 of which was a waste.

Date of visit: March 2017