“Made improvements!”

Judy's Jamaican Grille
Ranked #89 of 268 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Jamaican
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I received a gift certificate for Judy's and decided to try them again. I ordered carryout for my husband and I. I had the ox tail entree and he had the curried goat. We both had rice and peas, plantains, and cabbage as our sides. The food was delicious, but what really surprised me was the service! I actually asked if they were under new management! But it's the same Judy's with a great new attitude! I received my order in about 10 minutes. They were polite, attentive and friendly. When a business puts in the effort to improve, they deserve an updated review.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

My husband and I like to patron neighborhood restaurants, particularly small businesses, thus, I've tried several dishes at Judy's and the food is solid. The rice and beans taste like my Caribbean grandmother's. I've also had the chicken curry (both bone in and boneless), I strongly recommend the boneless, which was tasty. I've had their ox tail, lamb, cabbage, and roti. It was a little more expensive than other Jamaican/West Indian restaurants, but it's local and the food is good so I didn't mind. What turned me off to Judy's was the service. I've called my order in and still had to wait 40 minutes or more when I came in for pick up. I've been the only person in the restaurant and have had to wait 20 minutes for my order to be taken, at the counter, while the employees argued and bickered back and forth about who was on break. The restaurant has a clean and spacious dining area, and even has live music on weekend nights. It could be a go to place in town if the service would be a better. Perhaps things have improved since my last visit. I hope so, because the food was tasty.

Reviewed 4 July 2015 via mobile

The food was delicious. For appetizers we ate beef patties with coco bread and carnival shrimp which had an amazing mango sauce. Our entrees were stew and jerk chicken which were well seasoned and flavorful. We took our kids (8&9) and they did have traditional kid friendly foods of Mac & Cheese and fries on the menu which my youngest enjoyed. The staff was friendly and accommodating. The live music is a nice touch too. The only issue was that the service was slow. Two other patrons who came in after us were served while we waited for our food. You can dine in or carry out which is a plus. Overall it's a great place to eat.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Visited Judy's for the first time tonight. Overall a VERY good experience. Judy came and introduced herself. She's so sweet! Great atmosphere. Especially because in such a small place they had a very very good LIVE island band. The carry out business was brisk and non stop. Crowded is more accurate. But the tables were empty. Why? They don't serve alcohol. But the band was way EXCELLENT ! So was the food. Perfect portions. I made the mistake of getting the jerk pork. It was sooo good to eat. BUT just TOO hot. The waitress warned me that all the jerk dishes were "spicy", so "mybad" not Judy's . I like hot, but this was thermo nuclear. Obviously, by the crowd of carry out, it is not too hot for some, but too hot for my old stomach. Judy would be WAY ahead to offer jerk "lite" for us old folks. My wife had curried chicken and it was divine! The fried plantains were perfect. So were the peas and rice which is what I call red beans and rice. SOO good! OK the "Island fries" are just regular french fries, but I will try one of the more unique sides next time. The menu is extensive and diverse. If you want to try something different this is the place. I loved the place and will be a regular. They serve breakfast too. I don't think I want habanero breakfast, but some do. I am a native "Glen Durty (Burnie)" boy and don't think the general light skinned local population know what a gold mine they have in Judy's. If she could serve beer, she'd need a place 5 times as big and that would destroy the perfect ambiance. Ten minutes from BWI airport. TRY IT !