“Veritable Jamaican food”

Judy's Island Grill I & II
Ranked #37 of 287 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 39
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Judy’s Island Grill offers some veritable Jamaican cooking to the discerning eater. This was noted in the proper preparation of the various dishes, especially the Jerk Chicken (sans the mild BBQ sauce though) which I am quite fussy about since I have had it in different establishments. But ultimately, it was the flavors of what I sampled that caught my tastebuds’ attention that I tasted in the Pineapple Ginger drink, the Beef Patty (wish they had a Calaloo Patty also), the delectable Escovitched Fish, and the sides dishes that took a formidable supporting role, notably the Rice and Peas, and Calalloo. The Rum Cake must be a good indicator of the rest of the cakes as they sit proudly in the counter waiting for someone’s attention. But you can sense the house’s pride and willingness to please the customer judging by my waiter’s attentiveness and his asking me for suggestions.

Reviewed 20 March 2017 via mobile

The music is too loud for a con ersation. The food is over cooked andover spiced. Meals are over priced. Not a child friendly location. Avoid.

Freka S, Owner at Judy's Island Grill I & II, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2017

Thank you for patronizing Judy’s Island Grill. We have taken note of your concern and apologize for any inconvenience the issues may have caused. We would like to extend an opportunity to show you that we care about our customers and their concerns. Steps have immediately been taken with regards to the music level to hopefully prevent this misunderstanding from happening again in the future. Please visit us again soon and we will give you 15% off your next order for giving us another chance.

Reviewed 6 December 2016 via mobile

Stop in judys on lunch had curry goat and rice& peas great meal and they carry alcohol so can have a drink with your meal love it

Freka S, Owner at Judy's Island Grill I & II, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Thank you for patronizing Judy’s Island Grill. Hearing from our customers is very important to us. We appreciate your business and are excited to know that you enjoyed the experience at Judy’s Island Grill. We hope to see you again soon. Follow us on Facebook for restaurant specials and events.

Reviewed 7 November 2016

Hubby and I are regulars. So much so that we have people at work ordering too. I'm from Jamaica, and when I need my fix.....I go to Judy's. I've not been disappointed yet. Sometimes some food items could use a little bit more seasoning. But nothing the veggie vinegar mix can't fix. I have to make it there for brunch one day. I heard it was amazing!

Reviewed 8 September 2016

This is a decent place that has a nice menu and good food. They are not easy to manage with carry out orders, however (or may be they just do not like groupons). We had the same experience twice - once when we called in an order, and the next time when we came in to make the order directly in person. In both instances, it took an extraordinary amount of time - from 45 minutes to an hour. There does not appear to be particularly good communication either with customers or among staff.

Freka S, Manager at Judy's Island Grill I & II, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Thank you for patronizing Judy’s Island Grill. We have taken note of your concern and apologize for any inconvenience the issues may have caused. We would like to extend an opportunity to show you that we care about our customers and their concerns. Steps have immediately been taken to hopefully prevent this misunderstanding from happening again in the future. Please visit us again soon and we will give you 10% off your next order.