“Best Jerk Chicken I Ever Had”

Judy's Island Grill I & II
Ranked #41 of 282 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 39
Reviewed 16 April 2016 via mobile

I just picked up yesterday a half tray of jerk chicken, ackee and saltfish, and plantains from Judy's. I had never been there before, but I am so glad that I went!!!

The jerk chicken was the best I had ever had: moist, perfectly seasoned, tender. I had a crew of 14 women at my house with very discriminating tastes and they ALL loved it!

The ackee and saltfish was excellent. I served it with the plantains and rice and peas that I had made, and the combination was perfect.

The pick up of the tray was super easy: the staff at Judy's made sure everything was ready and hot. They were super, super friendly. I recommend this place to anyone whether you've tried Jamaican food or not.

2  Thank BeachnikAtHeart
Freka S, Front Office Manager at Judy's Island Grill I & II, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Thank you for patronizing Judy’s Island Grill. Hearing from our customers is very important to us. We appreciate your business and are excited to know that you enjoyed the experience at Judy’s Island Grill. We hope to see you again soon. Follow us on Facebook for restaurant specials and events.

Reviewed 9 April 2016

Service sub-par. Problem they just don't care about customers service.
Call your order in ahead of time ...you wait longer.

Thank you for patronizing Judy’s Island Grill. We have taken note of your concern and apologize for any inconvenience the issues may have caused. We would like to extend an opportunity to show you that we care about our customers and their concerns. If you can elaborate on your experience we would like your additional feedback to improve our service. Please visit us again and we will deduct 10% off your bill.

Reviewed 24 March 2016

Small cozy place, with equally cozy music, ambiance and people. Menu selection is not big.....i would have preferred that they had more choice though.
We tried the Goat Curry, Jerk Chicken, Bob Marley wings......all of it was delectable. The Roti Chicken was very average, felt i make better chicken curry at home (LOL). The other thing was the food served was not piping hot.....and that a big NO NO to us and a disappointment, Otherwise everyone should try this place at least once.

1  Thank jennifer f
Freka S, Owner at Judy's Island Grill I & II, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Reviewed 18 March 2016

Judy's has amazing food. My family and I have eaten here 4-5 within the last 1.5 months. My favorite dish is the jerk style king fish. I like that you have options of 2 sides to compliment the entree. Please be aware that the king fish takes about 25 minutes to prepare, I advise calling in a to-go order or dining in if you have time. My only criticism is the macaroni and cheese. It was really tasty the first few times I tried it, however, when I ordered it yesterday i noticed that they changed the recipe and it does not taste as good. I used to taste like baked mac and cheese and now it resembles Kraft mac and cheese you can make on the stovetop. I hope they will use the old recipe again. Other than that, I say give it a try. I'm sure my family and I will dine here again.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

Three of us visited Judy's on Saturday evening, February 20 ( made reservations and it is a good thing we did!) Loved it! The people were so nice, the service attentive and friendly, the food was great! Most of the menu was new territory for me...but it won't be for long, as we are going back! I had tilapia with a wonderful creamy sauce, callaloo and rice and peas. Loved it all! My husband had jerked chicken, our friend had salmon. They had rice and peas and plantains. The guys had chicken feet soup (but I tasted it...rich and tasty.) There was NOTHING we didn't like. They had Judy's rum punch and Red Stripe, I had wine. The server gave us a bonus order of coco-bread. Miss Judy came to say hello. The server and bartender couldn't have been nicer. I read some reviews saying the portions were small! Yikes! My companions are very big guys and none of us finished every bit....too much (but we took some home!)
I have been by this place number of times and thought it looked interesting. We gave it a shot last night and are glad we did.
Really enjoyed this visit and look forward to going back!
Thanks, Judy and company!