All reviews business trip indoor pool shopping and restaurants metro station washington dc free parking meeting shuttle highway mall
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We were greeted and given water upon arrival and were granted a late checkout which was extremely helpful. Staff was great and although the food was not good, the staff was great and changed out my crab cakes which was really not good at all.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Gaith N, Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Good Day,
I would like to start by saying thank you for your feedback. We are glade to know that your staff experience was wonderful. It is rather unfortunate that you did not have a positive dining experience. We pride ourselves in providing our guests with a brand standard expectation. Unfortunately we did not deliver. We hope you will visit us again and have a better experience. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Excellent Hotel. Staff friendly and helpful. Hotel very attractive. Food on buffet could have been hotter. Overall, a very pleasant stay. When I am back in the Washington area, I will stay here again. I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Gaith N, Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Good morning Mr. Robert,
Thank you very much for choosing the Hilton Gaithersburg for your visit to the area. We are happy to know that you were pleased with our facility and the helpfulness of our staff. We look forward to your next visit and hope to see you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I frequently travel to Germantown, Gaithersburg, DC for work-Hilton DC North in Gaithersburg is convenient, clean and the staff is friendly. Prices are in line with the quality of the facility. The in hotel dining is what you expect from a Hilton hotel-good. There is a small shopping center with a few restaurants, a pharmacy and other shops within walking distance.

Good Day,
I would like to start by saying, thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate your review as it helps us serve our customers better. We are happy to know that our location was convenient and our staff was accommodating to your needs. We appreciate your business and hope you continue your stay with us. Thank you.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

This was our second stay at this great Hilton property, and I'm so happy to say that the owners listened to my previous feedback.

The Hilton @ Gaithersburg has been spruced up with an updated lobby and sleeping rooms. The best feature of this Hilton property is the dynamic, excellent and fun staff that greets you with a smile upon arrival. We cannot say "thank you" enough to Meghan, Mirtala, and the crew.

The property was clean, rooms fresh, bathrooms spotless, comfortable beds, and a great shuttle bus driver to top it off. Our room included an outdoor balcony which overlooked Sam's Club. The DC Metro is about a 10-minute shuttle bus ride away, and there is a shopping center across from the parking lot of the Hilton that includes Panera, Chipotle and a drug store; McDonalds is across the street for families.

Only one negative to note about the parking: do not park under a tree if you can avoid it during the Fall since a lot of their trees were dropping huge acorns from the branches. Better to park towards the rear of the property.

Thank you, Hilton Gaithersburg Team. We'll see you next year!

Room Tip: Top floor has balcony rooms if you are able to grab one.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Good Morning Ms. JoAnn,
I would like to start by saying, thank you very much for this wonderful feedback. We are very happy to know that you were pleased with our changes and staff experience. We look forward to your next visit and hope you have a great holidays coming up. Again, thank you.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Stayed here for a conference.

Pros:
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Food service in the bar was reasonable in terms of speed (many hotels are far too slow).

Cons:
Rooms BADLY need an update. Badly. And I was in more than one, so it wasn't just my room. A/C unit in room was so noisy I had to choose between not sleeping due to heat or not sleeping due to noise. Shower reached only "warm" when turned all the way to hot. A/C unit in room had been sat on at some point (probably not the hotel's fault, but demonstrates my point).
On the topic of A/C, public areas and meeting rooms were approximately the temperature of Siberia on Saturday and Sunday. I think they cranked it up when it was very hot on Friday and never adjusted it.
Would have been nice if they had allowed us to check in slightly earlier than 3pm when the conference we were attending started at 3...

Mostly, though, this is an okay hotel that would be decent if they gave it a few updates and renovations.

Oh, and be aware: They have a church group that uses one of the meeting rooms on Sunday mornings. This church group seems to believe in God, Jesus and Rock and Roll. I.e., they are VERY noisy.

Room Tip: If you want a "ground floor" room to avoid stairs/elevator, ask for a room on the 2nd floor. The 1st floor is the basement.

Hello Ms. Jennifer,
I would like to say thank you for your review on you most recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, as it helps us improve service to our guests. It is unfortunate that you did not have a pleasant experience during your visit. Thanks for pointing out the issues you encountered while staying with us, as they will be used as a training tool on improving service to our guests. We do hope you will visit us again and have a better experience. Thank you.