“I wouldn't pay this much again”

Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Gaithersburg
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Okay I grant you we were there for the Bethesda soccer tournament, but that is no reason to shove people in the basement and in midget size beds. My husband, my 14 year old daughter and myself are of average height and yes our feet hung off the end of the bed.
I will admit it was very clean and the cleaning staff was very nice, however the lady at the front desk's attitude left a lot to be desired. She was aware that there were three of us and offered only one key and our late check in left me in no mood to argue with anyone.
I do realize that 150.00 a night may not be expensive for a hilton, but a basement room I think not...Next time I will go away from where our team is staying possibly suggest they stay elsewhere as well and get a much nicer room :(

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Percheck
hiltongaithersburgGM, General Manager at Hilton Washington DC North Gaithersburg, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2011

Hello percheck: Thank you for your review or our hotel. We are sorry the room was not to your liking. I assure you that the beds in this room as in all rooms in the hotel are of standard sixe and the same as you would find n Hiltons all ofver the country. I am sorry that they wre not comfortable for you. Our first floor rooms are normally very sought after as they provide additional access to and from the parking lot and convenience to your car. Again, I am sorry the location was not to your liking. Bethesda Soccer is a very important partner for us and we do hop[e that you will stay here again when tournament time rolls around.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2011

The hotel was conveniently located right next to the fairgrounds in Gaithersburg. Room was clean and pleasant, but contained no fridge or microwave. If you don't want to eat in the hotel restaurant, there are other basic eateries (Boston Market, Panera Bread, Chipotle Grill) fairly close by.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business

Dear IronMaven, Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are pleased you found the location to your liking and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 November 2011

This hotel was very clean and pleasant. The room was very clean, looked nice and the bed & linens comfy. It was weird that the furniture didn't match - gave kind of a thrift-shop feel to the room, but it was all comfortable. The room was a bit cramped and would not have been comfortable for a multi-night stay. That may have been because we had a room equipped for someone in a wheelchair so that bathroom may have been bigger, taking up what was advertised to be an 'extra roomy' room. But here was the weird thing - we booked a 'King Deluxe' and the website said "Located on the 11th and 12th Floor our deluxe King bed rooms includes...our oversized elegant terry cloth robes and delicious chocolates to sweeten the pallet." Well, no robes or chocolates were in the room. When I called the front desk her reply was "well, you got the AAA rate" with a snarly sound in her voice. Like, "WHAT?" So I explained it was advertised that we'd get robes and chocolates. She said she'd send up the robes but didn't know anything about chocolates. I read her what the website advertised. She said "Well, I don't know anything about that". No apology, no 'let me check and see' or anything. She finally sent up two bars of the most horrid chocolate ever. She told me husband "Well, all Hiltons are different" even though I was reading it from the Gaithersburg website. Hey, I really didn't care about the chocolates, but it is very poor service when the guest-services clerk won't even admit that the customer is right or act like they care. I felt like somehow she wanted to shame me for using the AAA rate. I did call the 1-800 service number but the person who answered was not an English speaker and I didn't feel like dealing with that at the time. BOOO Hilton!! With all the people unemployed these days, WHY can't managers hire someone who will actually care about the customer?!?! So while it was a nice room I felt that I did not get what I paid for and was disappointed. My husband and I don't get away often and I'd spent some time picking a place to stay during a conference.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear DCMooney, Thank you for your recent stay with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. You were very clear in describing your concerns, so I will be able to address each one individually with the appropriate staff members or managers. I have already shared your comments in total with our Executive Committee. This is certainly not the experience we strive to give every hotel guest. We appreciate your feedback and do hope you choose our hotel again when your travels bring you back to the Gaithersburg area.
Best Regards,

Reviewed 3 November 2011

The hotel in general was OK - the room was decent - the staff behind the desk (particularly one woman) had an attitude problem. They tried to stick us in a room in the basement (actually, the first floor which is below the lobby) - but we finally got a decent room right off tghe lobby.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Palermo22, Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced upon check in. It is good to hear that you were ultimately satisfied with your room. We will be sure to address this with our front desk staff immediately. We hope you consider us again while staying in the Gaithersburg area.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

The hotel is not new, but has been refurbished. The guest rooms are nice, but the hotel's age shows in areas like the elevators and vending areas. No full length mirror or safe in the room, both of which I would expect from a Hilton, but a mini fridge and microwave. Room service was very prompt and good. Shuttle drivers were friendly and helpful, and the shuttles were prompt. The hotel overlooks a Sam's Club, and is walking distance from a small shopping area with a few restaurants. You'll need to take the shuttle or drive for anything else.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank freqtrav3

Dear freqtrav3, Thank you for your review of you hotel and your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and will be sure to consider this as we make any updates to the hotel. The safes are on the way even as I write this. We look forward to seeing you soon.