See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2016

I booked a room last minute and wasn't sure about doing a B&B. Sandra and Bruce the hosts were so welcoming, the house is lovely and spacious and surrounded by bush and birds. The room was perfect for one person. I was only there for breakfast and it was quite the spread.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

A beautiful spot surrounded by native bush full of birds. Very welcoming hosts, great breakfast where even the table and bowls you eat off are homemade. Comfy beds. Lovely outside space. Don't just pass through. Stay a day or two and linger, throw a pot, have a walk and feel at home.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Sandra M, Owner at Bush Walk Bed & Breakfast Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Dear Catriona

It was a pleasure having you all to stay in our home. Bruce really enjoys giving pottery lessons, especially when he hears that your adorable three year old enjoyed every minute. Enjoy the rest of your stay in New Zealand, the land of the long white cloud.

Kind regards

Sandra and Bruce

Reviewed 11 February 2015

We were treated to tea and Christmas cake on arrival which was very welcome after cycling from Nelson. The accommodation was very comfortable and we enjoyed a lovely spread of fresh fruits and cereals for breakfast served on gorgeous stoneware plates and bowls made & decorated by our hosts. Sandra went the extra mile by making our lunch on day 2, as it was a public holiday and we were unsure if any cafes would be open en route as we cycled to Motueka.
A wonderful array of ceramics, art work & childrens' furniture are available for viewing and for sale in the detached art gallery. A most enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: All rooms were lovely
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 10 February 2015

As a frequent visitor to the Nelson region I have stayed here several times before, and the experience has been exceptional every time. Beautiful, quiet rooms and terrific food are things that you may also find elsewhere, but the hospitality displayed by Sandra and Bruce is truly amazing. It's like spending a day with friends. I'm already looking forward to my next visit...

Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2015

Fantastic stay with lovely hosts. Highly recommended! One of the best nights sleep I had on my entire trip! Bruce and Sandra made me and my colleague feel most welcome and the dinner was excellent. Sitting out on the porch with a cold beer and swapping stories made us feel more like friends than hosts and guests.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends