“Tree House Stay”

Bush Walk Bed & Breakfast Homestay
Ranked #1 of 1 Wakefield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Our family of 5 stayed with Bruce and Sandra. We have three small girls it was perfect. Bruce makes children's furniture and the girls sat at a pink and purple table for breakfast, highlight of their holiday :)
There was never a dull moment Bruce and Sandra where great entertainers and chatting away all night. There local knowledge was priceless.
Thank for sharing your home.. Grapefruit was divine for breakfast :)

Room Tip: Tranquil stay
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Sandra and Bruce, the hosts of this B & B do everything to make guests feel comfortable. I had the feeling of coming home when I was invited to tea and home-baked cake by Sandra shortly after my arrival.
In addition to that, both of them always lend a sympathetic ear to their guests. They make suggestions of interesting places which can be visited nearby. They are also interested in getting to know more about their guests. Hence, they always take time to talk to you.
Sandra accompanied me on a hike and I was very happy about it because I was traveling alone. Bruce has a pottery. Therefore, he asked me whether I would like to try to do an own bowl with his support. He was a good teacher. Because of that, I was successful in doing my first bowl. It was a lot of fun.
These gestures of hospitality of Sandra and Bruce make their B & B peerless.
Of course, the three rooms they offer are tidy and clean. Furthermore, their house is located in a tranquil area of Wakefield.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very kind and helpfull hosts.
Nice and clean rooms.
Wonderfull breakfast.
Gave us lots of good advice about what was worth seeing i the neighbourhood.
Make excellent dinners.
We really felt that we arrived as strangers, but left as friends.
Bruce demonstrated how to make pots in a very illustrating way.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from traffic
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Niels Kristian S
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We biked into an unusually strong headwind from Mapua to Wakefield; we were knackered. Bruce kindly wheeled my bike up the steep drive, offering refreshing drinks.

Sandra and Bruce share their luxuriously comfortable lounge chairs and treat you very very well.

The bush and the dusk birdsong, together with their sharing of their home and their stories made for a memorable evening and I soon forgot my saddle soreness and fatigue.

RECOMMEND AS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY.

Sarndra F.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Lovely setting and people and great value too. Will be back thankyou when sport takes me back that way next year. A million percent better than a motel with garaging for my equipment too. Brilliant, interesting, peaceful...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ross D

Been to Bush Walk Bed & Breakfast Homestay? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK