See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Sandra and Bruce, the hosts of this B & B do everything to make guests feel comfortable. I had the feeling of coming home when I was invited to tea and home-baked cake by Sandra shortly after my arrival.
In addition to that, both of them always lend a sympathetic ear to their guests. They make suggestions of interesting places which can be visited nearby. They are also interested in getting to know more about their guests. Hence, they always take time to talk to you.
Sandra accompanied me on a hike and I was very happy about it because I was traveling alone. Bruce has a pottery. Therefore, he asked me whether I would like to try to do an own bowl with his support. He was a good teacher. Because of that, I was successful in doing my first bowl. It was a lot of fun.
These gestures of hospitality of Sandra and Bruce make their B & B peerless.
Of course, the three rooms they offer are tidy and clean. Furthermore, their house is located in a tranquil area of Wakefield.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Very kind and helpfull hosts.
Nice and clean rooms.
Wonderfull breakfast.
Gave us lots of good advice about what was worth seeing i the neighbourhood.
Make excellent dinners.
We really felt that we arrived as strangers, but left as friends.
Bruce demonstrated how to make pots in a very illustrating way.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from traffic
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Niels Kristian S
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We biked into an unusually strong headwind from Mapua to Wakefield; we were knackered. Bruce kindly wheeled my bike up the steep drive, offering refreshing drinks.

Sandra and Bruce share their luxuriously comfortable lounge chairs and treat you very very well.

The bush and the dusk birdsong, together with their sharing of their home and their stories made for a memorable evening and I soon forgot my saddle soreness and fatigue.

RECOMMEND AS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY.

Sarndra F.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Lovely setting and people and great value too. Will be back thankyou when sport takes me back that way next year. A million percent better than a motel with garaging for my equipment too. Brilliant, interesting, peaceful...

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ross D
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We first stayed at Bush Walk in late 2007 when we built up a friendship with Bruce & Sandra. Our return in 2012 was looked forward to with anticipation. We were not disappointed. We were welcomed like old friends. The situation of the house is stunning set amongst the trees giving us a background of birdsong and some good sightings. Our accomodation was of the highest standard and designed for comfort. Our hosts treated us like members of the family.
Bruce even taught us to throw a pot successfully.
We cannot recommend this homestay highly enough.

Gwen & David Marsh

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
WakefieldArtist, Owner at Bush Walk Bed & Breakfast Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2012

Dear Gwen and David

It was a pleasure being able to host you again. It never ceases to amaze me, the number of people we have stay for only one night and from that point on become great friends, who keep in touch with each other. Hopefully we will see you both again soon in New Zealand or the UK.

Many thanks