“Great Publicity for Marriott, Inc.”

Quality Inn & Suites Frostburg
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Frostburg
Reviewed 1 April 2012

I stay at Marriott properties alot - more than 50 nights a year. I decided to stay at this Days Inn because it was closer to FSU. As I waited almost 10 minutes by the "The desk clerk will be back in a moment sign" at the front desk, it occured to me that 1) Marriott never fails to have a pleasant person immediately welcome you, and 2) I had made a mistake booking here.

Then little things started adding up: a less than friendly clerk who sighed when I asked for two keys (could she have asked how many I wanted?), paying up front like I might climb out the window in the morning to avoid the tab, gloomy smokey hallways with heavy insitutional double doors, less than gleaming bathroom fixtures, and a very suspicious pillow case. Really, they can't give me a fresh pillow case??

Room Tip: Avoid this motel....
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brian F
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Days Inn & Suites in Frostburg, MD is a pleasant stay! None of the rooms face the main road so you don't have to worry about the sounds of cars rushing by at all hours of the night. The breakfast was nice and filling. The sausage gravy and hard boiled eggs are a nice touch with a fresh orange. Every employee I encountered was very pleasant. I had to ask for directions and they were very friendy. I will most definatly be staying here again when I come back to the Frostburg area.

Room Tip: If you want a quit room, ask for a room on the second floor facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert W
Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is very cheap about $69 a night, but very basic. Beds were uncomfortable and the pillows are horrible. The rooms are not too bad but several light bulbs were out and the water pressure was a stead drip, instead of a stream of water. The rooms are clean but very basic. The breakfast is just coffee and muffins not much to fill up on. The service is good and friendly. This place is ok and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank jmcurl
Reviewed 26 November 2011

Attempted to stay at this hotel for a romantic getaway, we were not given the room we reserved, not the price quoted by JEN!! Desk clerk advised us that owner Dave Patel was unreachable! Were given NO SATISFACTION!! Room wsa pathetically regular for a whirlpool suite. We walked out expecting a refund today. Mr. Patel, YOU SUCK!! And Jen's no prize either!!

Room Tip: chose an other place!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eileen J
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Very outdated (small issue). Paper thin walls and ceilings (small issue). I could hear everyones conversation next door and below my room. My (main issue) was the heat. I had an issue with the heat and notified the front desk. She answered with an attitude and advised to me I had to wait until 8am to speak to someone that will help, their was nothing she could do. Are you kidding me, I FROOZE all night, and she couldnt offer me another room. The next morning, I had to go downstairs to speak with a manager (she didnt even send the tech up or call me to advised she notified someone). Ofcourse this JEN girl was off (late shift). After explaining my issue with the general manager, he advised that he will send up a technician. The technician was polite and he easily fixed the problem. Apparently I turned the temperature too far to the right, Therfore the heat shuts off. WOW!, a note would have been helpful, for your historic system. The Manger told me he would take care of me at check out, but what do you know. I get home and my bill is actually higher. WTF!. I call the hotel, and he is on vacation/out of town. I refused to talk to any of his ignorant front desk employees because they obviously never learn customer service skills. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. ( ..they actually had the nerve to hike the prices for a homecoming weekend.) I will definitely pay more for better customer service somewhere else. Also, you might want to have an on call tech or employees that knows the basics to walk your guest through or assist with problems. I will speak no more...because I am starting to lose my COOL..And you send me a customer service survey LBAO.. How about you give your employee (Jen on the night shift the survey)?

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fly G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frostburg
0.1 km away
12.9 km away
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
Ramada Cumberland Downtown
#3 of 4 in Cumberland

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Frostburg? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK