“Get what you pay for”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Frostburg
Broomfield, Colorado
“Get what you pay for”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

This is very cheap about $69 a night, but very basic. Beds were uncomfortable and the pillows are horrible. The rooms are not too bad but several light bulbs were out and the water pressure was a stead drip, instead of a stream of water. The rooms are clean but very basic. The breakfast is just coffee and muffins not much to fill up on. The service is good and friendly. This place is ok and you get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank jmcurl
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Ridgeley, Wv
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2011

Attempted to stay at this hotel for a romantic getaway, we were not given the room we reserved, not the price quoted by JEN!! Desk clerk advised us that owner Dave Patel was unreachable! Were given NO SATISFACTION!! Room wsa pathetically regular for a whirlpool suite. We walked out expecting a refund today. Mr. Patel, YOU SUCK!! And Jen's no prize either!!

Room Tip: chose an other place!!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eileen J
Pikesville, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

Very outdated (small issue). Paper thin walls and ceilings (small issue). I could hear everyones conversation next door and below my room. My (main issue) was the heat. I had an issue with the heat and notified the front desk. She answered with an attitude and advised to me I had to wait until 8am to speak to someone that will help, their was nothing she could do. Are you kidding me, I FROOZE all night, and she couldnt offer me another room. The next morning, I had to go downstairs to speak with a manager (she didnt even send the tech up or call me to advised she notified someone). Ofcourse this JEN girl was off (late shift). After explaining my issue with the general manager, he advised that he will send up a technician. The technician was polite and he easily fixed the problem. Apparently I turned the temperature too far to the right, Therfore the heat shuts off. WOW!, a note would have been helpful, for your historic system. The Manger told me he would take care of me at check out, but what do you know. I get home and my bill is actually higher. WTF!. I call the hotel, and he is on vacation/out of town. I refused to talk to any of his ignorant front desk employees because they obviously never learn customer service skills. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. ( ..they actually had the nerve to hike the prices for a homecoming weekend.) I will definitely pay more for better customer service somewhere else. Also, you might want to have an on call tech or employees that knows the basics to walk your guest through or assist with problems. I will speak no more...because I am starting to lose my COOL..And you send me a customer service survey LBAO.. How about you give your employee (Jen on the night shift the survey)?

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fly G

Travellers are raving about these Frostburg hotels

Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Although there were no "major" issues, our recent stay reminded us of a trip to Oz with the miniature pillows, miniiature bath soap and minature breakfast items. Then there was the hospital environment: each guest hall was guarded with dual closed-woodened doors as if you were entering a hospital floor - close your eyes and the scent endorsed a surgical operating room.

The staff was consistantly friendly, however, considering for only a few dollars more and a few feet away is the Hampton Inn - which we would have chosen - but they did not have any vacancy.

Would we stayed at Days Inn again? Perhaps - but only if the Hampton is booked and/or Days offer a great discount!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dawn M
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I ised to live in Garrett County many years ago and still have family there - a wedding on 9/10/11 brought us back into the area. There are few choices for hotels in the Grantsville, Frostburg, Cumberland area but we decided on the Days Inn since it was also tied into the Wyndham rewards program.

The hotel itself is adequate - nothing fancy, but the staff is very helpful (early check-in) and accomodating. The breakfast food is pretty good but basic. The area was always attended to - clean and no dirty dishes on tables. One thing I would say is in need of upgrading is the PILLOWS. If you have the opportunity - take your own. The ones in use are not to standard (flat - not fluffy).

Free Internet is always nice! Plenty of well-lit parking. All in all I can't RAVE about the Days Inn, but really nothing to complain about either. A good BASIC choice if in the area.

Room Tip: 1st floor, King size no-smoking is best (my opinion)
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tresh20723
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frostburg
0.1 km away
Casselman Inn
#1 of 2 in Grantsville
7.0 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Frostburg? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK