“Best little bar in Howard County”
Review of Judge's Bench

Judge's Bench
Ranked #52 of 178 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 28 September 2016

Great rotating beer selection. There is always something new to try. Place is small and cozy. I go as often as I can.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Great Beer Selection. Their Wiskey selection has over 200. We did not have time to eat so unfortunately I can't say any thing about the food. Great Pub.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

The Judge's Bench is one of the long time mainstays of Ellicott City's Main Street, located at the top of the hill across from the wine store. They have a fantastic beer selection, both on tap and by the bottle.

Their real pride is their Scotch and Whiskey selection, and they have a large menu just for that. Their are a few divisions by category, but it is mostly alphabetical so unless you are a true aficionado you'll probably just be picking at random so pay attention to the prices.

They have some food offerings, mostly pub grub like wings and few sandwiches. Not amazing stuff, but perfectly serviceable. Clearly the food is designed just to sate you while you drink and listen to the music when they have it.

I happened to be drinking there during the Flash Flood of '16, and I do have to give a shout out to the staff for keeping their heads and attending to their customers as they quickly moved from a place to get in out of the rain to an actual refuge from the devastation. Customer Service is a skill every business needs to pay attention to, but Customer Service during a crisis shows your mettle.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

On Sunday afternoon I stopped in the "Judges Bench" for the first time for a quick lunch. I was greeted by the owner, Mike Johnson who knew everyone in the Pub by their first name and made me feel like I was a long time customer. I mentioned that I liked craft beer and Mike quickly gave me a introductory course 101 on the craft beer and its history. I intended to get a quick burger and run but the barmaid asked if I liked Rueben's> I answered yes and thought I would try one. I must say, it was the best one I ever ate. Great advice!

I am not a Scotch drinker but Mike was very proud of his Scotch selection and was happy to tell me he was doing to Scotland for 12 days in search of the best Scotches for his customers.

I will be back !!

Reviewed 25 July 2016

Great family run place, terrific food, huge tap beer selection, friendly and knowledgeable owners and could be the best selection of whiskies in the state! Almost 300 different kinds. Inside tip - get the warm pretzel bites! Its in a hundred year old tavern. Plenty of parking across the street. Went there on a Saturday for a privet baby shower, so glad they had it there!