“Good but not great”

Ernesto's Fine Mexican Food
Ranked #10 of 179 Restaurants in Ellicott City
Reviewed 2 October 2018

In this area, there is a lack of decent Mexican food. Ernesto's is a solid choice for Metro Baltimore. Having said that, I ordered nachos and they were just okay. I wanted to love it but I just like it.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 27 August 2018

We probably got here at least 3 times a month. Sometimes we eat in; the staff is great and they are very quick at getting your order to the table hot and tasty. Ordering out is a good option for us as we're only 2 miles away; again, the food is hot, tasty, and plentiful. If they closed this place might have to move to Texas, where the other three franchises are :)

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 30 July 2018

This is the best Mexican food I have had in the USA outside of California. When looking for a place to meet up some friends, this place kept coming up. The food was awesome and the service was really good. Free chips and Salsa, big portions and a super waiter made for a very enjoyable meal. We'll be back next time we are in town.
(Tip: you have ask for sour cream if you want it - it doesn't come with anything you order)

Reviewed 29 July 2018

We met some friends for lunch and had a very good meal.

Within seconds of being seated, warm chips and two kinds of salsa were delivered to the table. The "red" salsa was not the least bit chunky (my preferred way) and had a very nice kick to it. The "green" was served hot and was also very flavorful.

The menu has an expansive selection but if you can't see exactly what you want, there is a create-your-own-combo section that will solve the problem.

Tacos al Carbon were flavorful and accompanied with an excellent pico, guac, and bed of lettuce. I requested a side of cheese because, after all, I am a gringo. Dining partners had brisket tacos, enchiladas, and tacos. All were described as either very good or excellent.

Nobody wanted the included rice but we all had beans which we nicely prepared.

Was it the best American-Mexican I've ever had? No, but it was a pretty darn good and filling lunch at a reasonable price. We would definitely go back again,

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

My wife and I constantly go here because the service is always amazing and they make us feel like were family. Food is always very good and served fast. Can't go wrong with a big ole' margarita too. There's a reason this is the number one Mexican restaurant in the area. Need I say more.