Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Bellmore, NY
“Quick & Easy”
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Stayed here on a trip to visit UMBC with my daughter.

Room felt exceptionally large, beds were really comfortable, bathroom was clean. Some wallpaper appeared to be bubbling, and the hallways had a slight musty odor.

Breakfast was included and fair at best. But the place was clean and suited our needs.

the hotel is right off of the highway, but it is a little difficult to get to if you don't see the signs with a bed on them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't face the highway
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us feedback!! Our rooms are rather large; I like to look at them as ‘giving you all the space you could ever need without leaving your room’ Since the team and I always strive to give our guests our best, I would really like to hear more from you about your stay. Please feel free to contact me, either via phone or email, whichever is best for you. I hope you enjoyed your visit to UMBC!

Angela Le Grand
hiecolumbiagm@baywoodhotels.com
410-579-8888
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Malvern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Stayed here when over from the UK when visiting my son at uni at nearby UMBC in Catonsville. Hotel is quite excellent - clean and the staff are all welcoming and so kind. Rooms are great, the bd was as comfortable as if at home - the ladies who look after the rooms are friendly and do a great job. Breakfast is excellent too and the gym and pool are first class. Can't find a single thing to complain about. Will definitely be staying here again on my next visit to see my son.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments!! Please make sure you come back and stay with us the next time you are at UMBC visiting with your son!!
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We wanted to take a moment to comment on Ms. Nadia, an employee at your front desk. She was very warm, kind and extremely receptive during our recent visit. Nadia made us feel 'right at home'. Also, all of the amenities at your hotel could not have been better. We will certainly be returning to your location for future visits!

Thanx very much,

Kessler/George Family
Pensacola, FL 32571

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Nadia says "Thank you,Thank you, Thank you for the wondeful compliments!!" It's always nice to see a member of our team mentioned on TripAdvisor. We look forward to having you stay with us again on your next trip!!
Grandy
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have traveled for a living for the last 30 years. I just retired as 12/31/2011. Over the last 3 years I have had the pleasure of stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Elkridge, MD. just about every week. From the first time I stayed here, the people were some of the most friendly people I have ever met. There are several people that I would like to recognize: Tamera, Alicia, Dan, Nadia, Heather, Lacy. These people took care of me as if I was Royalty (which I'm not). Traveling all the time is tougher than most people think. However, these people made me feel like was was at home. I would and have recommended this property to anyone I know that is staying in the area. Finally, they have the best bottled water of any place that I have been. Thank you for the memories.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
AWE!!!! You are so sweet!!! First let me apologize for taking so long to reply, TripAdvisor added extra security to the site and just approved us to reply. The entire team sends a HUUUGGGGEEEEE Hello!!!! Just so you are aware, we REALLY miss your weekly visits and you ARE royalty to us just as all of our guests are! I am so happy to know that we made your travels feel like home. So, the team wants to know......how are you on your bottled water supply???? :-) If you run out, you know where to visit! Make sure you come back and visit with us anytime you are in the area......don't forget to bring me some good ole NC BBQ!!! Happy retirement!!
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I have stayed here 3 times in the last year visiting family in the area and they do everything right. The location is convenient ~ The staff is very friendly, efficient and accomodating ~ particularly Nadia who is very nice. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and quiet. In fact, I slept better than I do at home, but not having 2 big labrador retrievers crowding me out might have something to do with that!! The breakfast was great with many choices. I also want to note that I felt very safe at this hotel, especially at night which is important to me being a woman who sometimes travels alone. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this review, 12 December 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! I'll make sure Nadia and the team see your wonderful comments!! Thanks! I am so thrilled you choose us as your home away from home! Nothing makes me happier than to know that I have a wonderful team that takes care of our guests. Have a safe and HAPPY Holiday!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
3.8 km away
1.9 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Columbia
6.9 km away
SpringHill Suites Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK