“"Home Away From Home"”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Elkridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I have traveled for a living for the last 30 years. I just retired as 12/31/2011. Over the last 3 years I have had the pleasure of stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Elkridge, MD. just about every week. From the first time I stayed here, the people were some of the most friendly people I have ever met. There are several people that I would like to recognize: Tamera, Alicia, Dan, Nadia, Heather, Lacy. These people took care of me as if I was Royalty (which I'm not). Traveling all the time is tougher than most people think. However, these people made me feel like was was at home. I would and have recommended this property to anyone I know that is staying in the area. Finally, they have the best bottled water of any place that I have been. Thank you for the memories.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

AWE!!!! You are so sweet!!! First let me apologize for taking so long to reply, TripAdvisor added extra security to the site and just approved us to reply. The entire team sends a HUUUGGGGEEEEE Hello!!!! Just so you are aware, we REALLY miss your weekly visits and you ARE royalty to us just as all of our guests are! I am so happy to know that we made your travels feel like home. So, the team wants to know......how are you on your bottled water supply???? :-) If you run out, you know where to visit! Make sure you come back and visit with us anytime you are in the area......don't forget to bring me some good ole NC BBQ!!! Happy retirement!!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

I have stayed here 3 times in the last year visiting family in the area and they do everything right. The location is convenient ~ The staff is very friendly, efficient and accomodating ~ particularly Nadia who is very nice. The rooms are very clean, comfortable and quiet. In fact, I slept better than I do at home, but not having 2 big labrador retrievers crowding me out might have something to do with that!! The breakfast was great with many choices. I also want to note that I felt very safe at this hotel, especially at night which is important to me being a woman who sometimes travels alone. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this! I'll make sure Nadia and the team see your wonderful comments!! Thanks! I am so thrilled you choose us as your home away from home! Nothing makes me happier than to know that I have a wonderful team that takes care of our guests. Have a safe and HAPPY Holiday!

Reviewed 9 November 2011

Gave this place another shot during Hurricane Irene. Turned out very well. Pool is very nice. Breakfast was excellent. Weathered Hurricane Irene just fine without losing power or internet. Great for the whole family. This has taken the spot as preferred hotel for the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

We are THRILLED that you gave us another chance!! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and had time to relax in the pool. Next time, let's not have a hurricane for you to visit. :-)

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Each year we visit the MD area to visit family & have stayed for the past three years at this HIE. I can't say enough good things about it, The staff is always friendly, right from the desk at check-in, through various maintenance people, maids, etc. The 'continental' breakfast is more than the usual; always eggs, sausage/bacon, as well as their delicious cinnamon buns, & a new machine which I ahven't seen before that makes 2 pancakes in 1 minute. It is an ideal location, easy to find, & offers superb service. the room was spotless & well-maintained each day. The price was just right too. The location is Elkridge, but it is just on the border of Ellicott City & Columbia. Do not hesitate to stay there; you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Rooms in front are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
HIExpressColumbiaGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Thank you for such a great compliment!! I have to admit, I was a little concerned when we got the pancake machine, but I absolutely love it now!! I'm so glad you enjoyed it as well!! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 30 September 2011

Staying at the Holiday Inn on business, I became ill the first night. James and Nadia were excellent employee's, helping me through the night and attending to whatever I needed. Bringing whatever I needed.....It was very reassuring knowing someone was there to help in a strange place. Everyone was very friendly. The rooms were spotless and very clean. I would recommend this Hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
hixgeneral, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

How are you? We have been wondering if you were feeling better. I'm so glad the team took care of you.... all of our guests are family to us and we always take care of family. Hopefully you will be able to come back and stay with us when you aren't sick. Take care and we hope you are feeling better!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Elkridge
3.1 km away
4.3 km away
Hampton Inn Columbia
Hampton Inn Columbia
#4 of 12 in Columbia

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbia East - Elkridge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK