Holiday Inn Express Edgewood-I95
US$ 68
US$ 64
US$ 64
US$ 60
All reviewsfront deskmain roadthe night desk clerkindoor poolmemorial day weekendunder renovationwater bottlesconvenient stoproom was cleanhotel is locatedbreakfast selectionripken experienceother hotelsstaff was friendlythe breakfast areawhite marshupon check
Reviewed 19 March 2012

HI's does try hard.. but NO WAY should a room here by $122.00 plus..Even AAA at $107.00 is over priced...while I was there as someones guest it is still over priced...

Nice lobby, free wire fee, standard lowed breakfast, riendly front end. clean rooms and nice baths.

The bed is the worst. Soft and lumpy with form pillows... disappointing thus a good night sleep for mew was out of the question...

Would I return to this HI..NO...there are better La Quinta Inn & Suites next door and at abetter price..

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edgewood-I95, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

VoyageursNJ,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed 12 October 2011

We found ourselves in need of a hotel late at night because of an unexpected illness in the family. I wasn't sure what to expect, and didn't know the area. I took a gamble of choosing this hotel, which worked out for us.

We arrived late at night and the gentleman at the front desk was very kind - he seeked discounts for our stay until he found one. I knew there would be breakfast in the morning however, I didn't know there would be such a variation of foods; both hot and cold.

With only being there for a night, we did not use the pool or any services they may have had. This was a good for the unplanned one night that we stayed. We stayed in a king room - it was clean with the exception of a dead cricket on the bathroom floor when we arrived but, of course my husband took care of that :)

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank WVtravelers489
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Did not have the experience at this hotel that I expected from a Holiday Inn.
The positives:
Lobby and room furnishings were nice looking and modern and appeared recently updated.
The typical breakfast buffet was decent and plentiful with a good variety of hot and cold items. Actually more than I expected.
The negatives:
We had two rooms and both were very musty/humid smelling/feeling. Not sure why. There was just an over all body or smoky odor. Can't put my finger on it. Thought the air conditioning would help but did not. We got used to the smell eventually.

There was a shortage of towels and even when we called for towels, one night they never came and another night they came long after they were needed. The one evening when we called for towels (around 10PM) the phone kept ringing and ringing. We had to call the front desk several times before anyone answered and it was as if they were bothered that they had to take our call. Seemed like there was no one at the front desk for a long period of time in the evening. Did not feel safe.

The small indoor pool was poorly furnished if you wanted to sit down to watch your kids swim. There were just a very few chairs (not enough for the adults) so it was uncomfortable unless you were actually in the tiny pool. There were also no pool towels available if you came to the pool late in the evening. If the pool is open for use there should be towels available!

There were many times either later in the evening or in the morning when the front desk was unattened for longer periods than should be at a hotel. We witnessed this both mornings while eating breakfast in the lobby around 9:30AM. We saw people wait at the front desk for service for up to 5 minutes or so before a girl would appear from the back room. This just felt odd. At one point a man came up to the front desk girl when she was there (around 9:30AM) and after chatting he put his arm around her and they walked to the back room and the front desk was again unattened. Normally no big deal but the whole thing was not professional especially when the front desk did not appeared to be properly manned. This whole issue just lent a feeling of poor security and service in a way.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank mesfilles
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Just stayed at this hotel for two nights while doing business in the area. A couple of weeks ago I stayed at the Hampton Inn which is a couple of doors down from the Holiday Inn and I must say, the Hampton is a little better. The Holiday Inns rooms were not as big or as comfortable as the Hampton's. Their breakfast was just okay and the front desk personnel were average. Also this location is much closer to the road and all the traffic noise.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank cguillau
Reviewed 29 April 2011

I have had the occasion to stay at several other hotels in this area on business. I can't imagine why I had not discovered this HIE! Very neat & clean and front desk personnel, especially Sharon, were absolutely fantastic to deal with even though they were very busy. Thank you Sharon! Indoor pool & spa were nice even though I did not have the chance to use them. Room was neat & clean and pretty quiet.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business