“IMMACULATE rooms, close to downtown”
Review of The Inn on Decatur

The Inn on Decatur
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cumberland
The Inn on Decatur
Ranked #2 of 4 Cumberland B&B and Inns
Columbus, Ohio
“IMMACULATE rooms, close to downtown”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

I planned a last minute get away for me and my husband - Gail, the innkeeper, was very accommodating and friendly, but not nosy or obtrusive as some innkeepers tend to be. She was a wealth of knowlege regarding restaurants and things to do. Gail also runs a bike-tour company so if you are a cyclist, she is an excellent resource there as well.

The house was immaculate and cozy, with a nice porch behind the kitchen. Be advised - there is no tv. Not a problem for me, but thought I'd mention it as I have friends who would go nuts without tv. As others have mentioned, breakfast was all home-cooked and very good.

We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The bathroom for Kaliya's room is private and adjacent to the bedroom, but not in the bedroom...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PierreBoudreaux
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stopped here as part of our bicycle trip from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC. We were glad we did. The B&B was charming and welcoming - beautiful (and big) rooms with lovely antique finishes, generous snacks, laundry (!!) and the biggest and best breakfast of our trip. Our host even gave us a huge bag of fresh fruit to take along - at around mile 25 on a hot day, nothing was more welcome.

The town of Cumberland is in need of some revitalization. There are a few cute and vibrant neighborhoods, though, that are very close to the inn. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank David D
The Villages, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed at the Inn on Decatur after a bluegrass festival. My husband and I planned to stay at the Inn. My daughter and her husband were camping at the festival and experienced a horrible rainstorm. We brought our daughter and husband back with us because their tent was flooded. Gail was just wonderful. She made all of us feel so welcome. She was so understanding and helped to make a bad situation better. The room was so clean and comfortable. We had hot showers, comfy beds, and a delicious breakfast. We will all be staying with Gail if we go to Delfest again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank crolsen
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The Inn on Decatur was our 7-yr old daughter's first experience with a B&B. It is very well set up for a family with the separate kitchen and large en suite bathroom. The room ("George's room") was lovely and very welcoming. The bathroom was heavenly. Our daughter liked it so much she insisted on taking a shower. And I enjoyed a bath with the bath salts Gail provides. When we returned from dinner, Gail had left us a plate of decorated sugar cookies. She knows what excites kids! And, she was very accommodating at breakfast, which was huge!

I recommend the Inn for a couple's weekend or a family trip. Gail's recommendations for restaurants and local hikes were excellent. The views from the Inn are great.

As there is a railroad that goes through Cumberland, you do hear trains go by occasionally. But, we found the noise to be muffled and added to the ambience.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank JLK1963
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Gail was a big help before I even stayed at her inn. She sent me all kinds of information about the GAP trail. I called her several more times before I begain the trail and again she was a wealth of knowledge.
The inn is lovely with a great little kitchen for your use. I was able to soak in a tub after riding all day. My husband sat on the back porch and watched the trains in this historic town.
Breakfast was plentiful and filling for another day on the trail.
She had bike storage and hoses for clean-up if needed.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bikerchik59
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cumberland
0.9 km away
7.6 km away
Best Western Braddock Inn
6.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express & Suites La Vale - Cumberland

Been to The Inn on Decatur? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK