The Inn on Decatur
Sleep Inn & Suites Cumberland(Cumberland)(Great Value!)
US$ 101
US$ 89
SleepInn
US$ 103
US$ 136
US$ 144
Hotels.com
Cumberland Inn and Spa(Cumberland)(Great Value!)
US$ 84
US$ 107
US$ 100
Priceline
US$ 62
All reviewsthe gapdelicious breakfastbike tripbreakfast spreadguest housebeds were comfortablelarge bathroomstay there againgaillaundrytrailcandyridecanalhallway
Reviewed 3 June 2012

We stopped here as part of our bicycle trip from Pittsburgh to Washington, DC. We were glad we did. The B&B was charming and welcoming - beautiful (and big) rooms with lovely antique finishes, generous snacks, laundry (!!) and the biggest and best breakfast of our trip. Our host even gave us a huge bag of fresh fruit to take along - at around mile 25 on a hot day, nothing was more welcome.

The town of Cumberland is in need of some revitalization. There are a few cute and vibrant neighborhoods, though, that are very close to the inn. Would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David D
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed at the Inn on Decatur after a bluegrass festival. My husband and I planned to stay at the Inn. My daughter and her husband were camping at the festival and experienced a horrible rainstorm. We brought our daughter and husband back with us because their tent was flooded. Gail was just wonderful. She made all of us feel so welcome. She was so understanding and helped to make a bad situation better. The room was so clean and comfortable. We had hot showers, comfy beds, and a delicious breakfast. We will all be staying with Gail if we go to Delfest again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank crolsen
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The Inn on Decatur was our 7-yr old daughter's first experience with a B&B. It is very well set up for a family with the separate kitchen and large en suite bathroom. The room ("George's room") was lovely and very welcoming. The bathroom was heavenly. Our daughter liked it so much she insisted on taking a shower. And I enjoyed a bath with the bath salts Gail provides. When we returned from dinner, Gail had left us a plate of decorated sugar cookies. She knows what excites kids! And, she was very accommodating at breakfast, which was huge!

I recommend the Inn for a couple's weekend or a family trip. Gail's recommendations for restaurants and local hikes were excellent. The views from the Inn are great.

As there is a railroad that goes through Cumberland, you do hear trains go by occasionally. But, we found the noise to be muffled and added to the ambience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JLK1963
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Gail was a big help before I even stayed at her inn. She sent me all kinds of information about the GAP trail. I called her several more times before I begain the trail and again she was a wealth of knowledge.
The inn is lovely with a great little kitchen for your use. I was able to soak in a tub after riding all day. My husband sat on the back porch and watched the trains in this historic town.
Breakfast was plentiful and filling for another day on the trail.
She had bike storage and hoses for clean-up if needed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bikerchik59
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My wife and I stayed at The Inn on Decatur while on a bicycle trip on the C&O Canal and Allegheny Gap Trail. Unfortunately, during the night, I developed a medical condition and had to go to the hospital in the morning. Gail Hall, the B&B owner, was leaving for several days and had planned to close the B&B. She loaned my wife her car and told her she could stay in the B&B as needed, even though there wouldn't be anyone there to prepare breakfast. This was certainly more than we expected, and we really appreciate Gail's assistance.

The B&B is lovely. It's a small place, only two rooms, and very beautiful. The couple in the other room was also bicycling and gave us a lot of information. Gail, who guides bicycle trips in the area, is extremely knowledgeable and helpful. There is a locked storeroom in the basement for bicycles. It is an easy walk (or ride) to downtown for dinner. Breakfast was great!

I highly recommend The Inn on Decatur.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple