“Nice Evening”

Ranked #46 of 291 Restaurants in Columbia
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 16 June 2018

We have been to ASEAN Bistro 5 or 6 times in the past, but it had been a few years and had forgotten what a nice place it is. The Mai Tai's are still great and strong and they had $5 Orange Crush's as a special that evening. My walnut crispy shrimp was very good, loaded with broccoli, rice, sugared walnuts and 7 large butterflied shrimp and a lightly sweet sauce. My wife's spicy peanut chicken was also good with a little kick. The egg rolls we ordered were average with a good duck sauce and hot mustard that was the most potent we have had. Surprised to see it only 20 % full on a Friday evening.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I ordered to-go on a Saturday night. I asked for chicken wings to be very well done and they were not. Lots of fat & if they are cooked as requested that fat cooks off. I specifically plastered it in the order and the cashier even repeated it to me when I picked it up.

Shrimp and Lobster sauce: Shrimp tasted fair, but the texture was horrible. As if a frozen shrimp had been thawed, re-frozen, and then cooked again so long it was between rubbery and mushy at the same time. Not a great description I know but def not what a good fresh shrimp tastes like.

The lobster sauce itself was actually very tasty so I wasn't completely unable to enjoy it but not what it should have been for the total price of the meal.

In my opinion there's no excuse for not honoring special request to cook things the way the guest asks. If you don't want to as policy then make that clear, but if you take requests, be able to honor them. It's not hard to cook wings.

Egg roll was dry and tasteless.

I was

Reviewed 28 March 2018

My wife and I stopped in around 3pm when the place was empty. Our server Xiao saw to it that we had a great experience. We ordered a Mai Tai, an appetizer Lobster Dumplings, two entrees (Flounder with Broccoli, Noodle Singp GF) and a Lemon Sorbet and we split almost everything. Wonderful flavors. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

This Chinese/Malaysian fusion restaurant has the right vibes and great food. It has been impossible for me to choose a favorite. But, the Sallops as well as well as the Salt and Pepper shrimp are near the top. Which one will be your favorite.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

My wife and I stopped in to the Asean Bistro on Christmas Day without reservations. A wonderful lady found us a table for two, and Boy, were we lucky. As the restaurant was beginning to fill up, we were given probably the grumpiest server they had. This hardly put a dent in our enjoyment as the food and drink he brought to our table, more than made up for his shortcomings as a server. We ordered a Tiki Puka Puka drink, an order of Shrimp Toast, one Pad Thai entree, and an Mignon Mustard entree. Total Bliss my friends!