“Fish Tacos and Fries are Great”
Review of Fishnet

Fishnet
Ranked #6 of 125 Restaurants in College Park
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

I wanted something good, fresh and from a local business. This place satisfied my hunger and is a real local place. I had fish tacos but the menu has vegetarian vegan items. It is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Absolutely five stars! The food was delicious, they have this cute, cozy atmosphere which we loved. Additionally we found their prices reasonable. Finally the staff was friendly

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

This was a last second decision by our group while out of town. As it turned out it could not have been a better choice for several reasons that I will touch on.

When trying to locate Fishnet for the first time you may be under the impression your lost. But not to worry as your GPS will guide you through the residential neighborhood to the only commercial building I saw in the area. The white cinder block building probably from the 60's/70's appears to have been previously used commercially. My assumption it was never a restaurant. Parking is by street and no issue in that department. The walk up to the front door was clear of debris. I love the fact you can clearly see into the business from their large glass windows. There is limited outdoor dining.

Before entering prepare yourself for a casual and relaxed dining environment. It's not fancy as you would suspect by its exterior. A squared off front room has long wood tables and chairs perfect for groups. Large glass panels looks out to the street and a few two seat tables. Light wood floors run throughout with the kitchen and ordering area in the center. In the rear is a bit of a private space with a table that can seat eight. The dining room was clean. Our party arrived around 530 on a Saturday and had the place to ourself for the first 30 minutes.

The menu is on chalkboard and as the business name eludes to they highlight fish. There are a few taps and also bottle selections of beer. I did not see wine, but heard you can bring your own and no charge for corkage. The young female staffers were terrific with our large group which had probably 7 teens.

I decided on the fried rockfish after getting a recommendation. It comes with couscous and green beans. I got a side of tarter sauce. My son ordered the prime beef cheeseburger with side of fries. For drink an Allagash White beer on tap and my son an house made lemonade. The prices do tilt North which was a bit surprising for the lower overhead joint.

Food hit the table 20 min, or so after ordering. Everyone's selections looked fresh and plating ok, nothing extravagant. My son quickly reported the lemonade was super! My rockfish and sides were served hot. The fish although tasty seemed a bit over done, the sauce helped and was tasty. The beans crispy and couscous after cooling yum. The burger and fries were a hit per my son. No follow up to our meals which could have elevated the review. With walk up ordering I suppose it's not expected. Staff was active in clearing prior to departure.

Overall a great experience with friendly staff and delicious food. Best of all our group was able to locate a local business that we could comfortably enjoy on a Saturday night.

Reviewed 14 November 2017

I'm torn on this place. Food was good, I had the shrimp tacos, but the menu was the same for lunch and dinner, so lunch was a little pricey. The place was a little cold, it being fall and all maybe the heater just wasn't turned on high enough. There is ample street parking and is a quiet neighborhood with a few other small businesses. They had several draft micro beers and a good price for HH. The place isn't very big but not small either. Maybe seating for 40 or more? This is a place where you order at the counter and they bring you the food. I'll give it another try.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

My 5-star rating is not meant to put Fishnet in the same category as fine dining restaurants like Iron Gate Tasting Room in D.C., another restaurant to which I've given top honors. But for what it is -- a casual neighborhood restaurant where you order at the counter -- it's great! The fish is fresh and delicious -- mahi-mahi tacos are our favorites -- french fries are great, beer selection is good, staff is friendly, pace is laid-back. We visit College Park on business at least once a year, and have been to Fishnet 4 or 5 times. It remains our go-to restaurant in College Park.