“Great food and service”

Pappas Restaurant & Sports Bar Cockeysville
Reserve with OpenTable
Pappas Restaurant & Sports Bar Cockeysville is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 102 Restaurants in Cockeysville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2016

I love the food here, my grandfather told me to go here, I chose the sports bar over the restaurant part. Crab cakes are great, I got the mini crab cakes and pound of shrimp to split with my husband and my husband got a ribeye that was delicious. The bread rolls were good too and got immediate refills.

Pappas C, Manager at Pappas Restaurant & Sports Bar Cockeysville, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Your grandfather has good taste, Sammantha! Pappas Restaurant and Sports Bar provides an excellent time which is paired with a fabulous menu. We are well known for our delectable crab cakes and a perfectly cooked 14oz ribeye always hits the spot. We look forward to seeing you again so we may continue to exceed your expectations, thank you!

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Booked 7:30 reservation on 11/5/16. Seated at 8:20. Food arrived at our table at 9:15. They overbooked BIG TIME! The place was a mob scene. The sports bar was shoulder to shoulder. The fire Marshall would have shut the place down. I could not even see the bar let alone get close enough to order anything. Clearly, they ignored all reservations and saved us for LAST! The wait staff was just ok. The staff in the sports bar were rude, the table wait staff was good.
The food was good. Not great, just good. Pappas makes a big deal about their crab cakes. It was just ok. I am a born and raised Eastern Shore boy and I have eaten much better at many ramshackle kitchen tables across the Delmarva. Just because Pappas uses lump crab meat does not make it super. The other dinners I saw served looked like roadside diner fare.
Is it too much to ask for a pleasurable dining experience for my money? Humans dine... cattle feed... I felt like cattle.... AND the last cattle led to the trough.... even with a reservation...Reservation mean NOTHING to them. Don't waste your time and don't believe the hype.

1  Thank Steve W
Pappas C, Manager at Pappas Restaurant & Sports Bar Cockeysville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

Steve, thank you for bringing this to our attention.
We are sorry to hear you felt the meals and service you received were not what you thought they should have been. We hold ourselves to the highest standards to provide our guests with the best experience possible.
We invite you to contact us at (410) 666-0030 so that we may help rectify this situation.
Thank you and we hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Went to Pappas based on a suggestion from hotel and we were very happy with the food and service. I tried a crab cake and it was full of big chunks of crab with little filling - delicious! Wings with Maryland seasonings (Old Bay) were spicy and well seasoned. My husband had a special - liver and onions which he said was perfect - tender and seasoned perfectly. Server was very pleasant and wanted to please. A very enjoyable dinner!

Pappas C, Manager at Pappas Restaurant & Sports Bar Cockeysville, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Thanks for the awesome review!
We love getting feedback from our happy customers; we are so excited to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your evening with us. At Pappas Restaurant and Sports Bar, we like to think our Crab Cakes are the best in the business, as is our service and atmosphere.
We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 31 October 2016

Great service for a party of 12 celebrating a birthday. Majority of folks got the single or double crab cakes - everyone loved them. I got the blackened shrimp and chicken pasta dish - extremely good and plenty of left overs. We weren't rushed and the service was great. Will go back again for sure.

Pappas C, Manager at Pappas Restaurant & Sports Bar Cockeysville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2016

We've got to say, this review just made our day! You know you're in for something special at Pappas Restaurant and Sports Bar, which makes it the perfect place to celebrate those special moments like a birthday! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your dishes, we'll be sure to surprise and delight your party the next time you visit us! Thanks for the review, and have a wonderful weekend.

Reviewed 29 October 2016

Have always been fans of Pappas. So we had to try this one while staying in the area. VERY disappointed. Crab Cakes are just as good BUT their famous cream of crab soup, which we have always loved, was horrible. Too watery and NOT the large chunks of crab meat that they serve at the other locations. Gave it a second try several days later and must report that we WILL NOT return.

Pappas C, Manager at Pappas Restaurant & Sports Bar Cockeysville, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Thank you for reaching out to us.
We apologize if you were disappointed in our cream of crab soup; it should be mouth watering and leave you wanting more. To serve and address your concerns best, we would be grateful to know the time and date you dined with us. We require more details in order to rectify this situation, so please call us at (410) 666-0030. Your patronage and feedback are both appreciated, so we are eager to speak with you.